PDA

View Full Version : One woodworkers good bye to Norm on YouTube

John Gregory
10-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I can relate with many of the things this gentleman said.

Click here to view (http://www.youtube.com/user/stevinmarin#p/u/)

Rod Sheridan
10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes John, he covered many of the positive aspects of The New Yankee Workshop, it was a nice tribute.

Thanks for posting that............regards, Rod.

Joe Leigh
10-30-2009, 10:23 AM
After listening to that tribute I realized what I liked most about that show. The quietness. Just the sound of Norms voice and the occassional powertool. No music, no ambient noise. Quite unique.

Harold Burrell
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Did any of you happen to watch any more of this guys woodworking vids? He has some pretty good (albeit, simple) ideas.

However...it was like watching a woodworking horror show in terms of his safety habits (or, more precisely, the lack thereof). I'm wondering if he will post the video when he inevitably cuts off fingers.

That would get some views, methinks... :eek:

Bill Arnold
10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Agreed - nice tribute. Thanks for posting the link, John.

Norman Pyles
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
After listening to that tribute I realized what I liked most about that show. The quietness. Just the sound of Norms voice and the occassional powertool. No music, no ambient noise. Quite unique.
Yes, I really like that about Norm's show too.

John Gregory
10-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I will miss the show.
For twenty-one years I was excited for January, when the new season started. You know what is funny? It seems like I have watched the show for more than 21 years. Even before I built our shop, I watched him.
I am like the guy in the video, there are very few TV people that I would want to meet, but I would love to meet Norm, shake is hand and say "Thanks for helping me find such a wonderful hobby".

Dave Mura
10-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Great tribute!

Von Bickley
10-30-2009, 9:45 PM
I can relate with many of the things this gentleman said.

I agree....... Thanks for posting.

Dave Sweeney
10-31-2009, 9:24 AM
I hope that Norm does get to see that video as I think he would say yeah, that's the message I was trying to get across. You can be pro Norm or anti Norm but either way you must admit that his contributions to woodworking in general will never be equaled.

Kyle Iwamoto
10-31-2009, 3:29 PM
Wood did an article on him. He seems to be the most humble of great men. He considers himself an "average" woodworker. Yeah right. If he's average, I must really suck. Actually, I do suck...

Thanks for the post. He will be missed.

Aloha.