PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Sign In

Ernie Kuhn
03-25-2003, 8:37 PM
I've tried several times to get into Chat by clicking on bar at top of page. Chat page comes up and says type in box at bottom of page. Box never shows up and my computer tries to load for several minutes but never seems to get past half way. What am I doing wrong?

Todd Burch
03-25-2003, 9:09 PM
Scroll down!

Ernie Kuhn
03-27-2003, 1:09 AM
Todd,
When I scroll down, I get to the message with the arrow that says "type here" but, there is no box. The bar at the bottom that shows when something is loading never goes past about halfway, and this after 5 minutes wait? I'm perplexed and don't know if its some setting on my computer that needs to be reset?

Howard Barlow
03-27-2003, 1:44 AM
Sorry, Ernie. I guess you don't have the Sawmill Creek Secret De-Coder Ring. You probably don't know the Secret Handshake either.

Send in 3 boxtops, along with 50¢, to: Secret De-Coder Ring...
Well, nevermind. You're not authorized to know the Secret Mailing Address either.

Too bad. We have a lot of fun in the Secret Chat Room. Right now, we're sitting here laughing, watching you rattle the doorknob.:D

Seriously, though, folks, I wish I could help you figure it out. You'll have to wait for Ken to drift downstream. He'll tow you in.

Ken Salisbury
03-27-2003, 6:23 AM
Howard said:

"Seriously, though, folks, I wish I could help you figure it out. You'll have to wait for Ken to drift downstream. He'll tow you in."

I am not exactly sure I understand your problem with the chatroom. It could be several things. The chatroom software is Java Script driven. Depending on what browser and what java script you are using on your computer could be what is causing a problem along with numerous of things.

First I would suggest you clean out your computer cache and retry to use the chat room. If not successful try to access with a different browser.

I wish I could help more -- but you haven't given me enough information to work with.