PDA

View Full Version : small Gloat

Ron Ainge
10-29-2009, 8:26 AM
Here is a Christmas Ornament that I took to a Wood Carving show that my wife and I did a few weeks ago. I entered into there judging contest and was very happy to win this prize. The ornament is made out of a Sea Urchin shell or test as they call it with elm finials. Let me know what you think. The shell/test is pierced and I can tell you that it can be broken by putting it between you thumb and fingers and applying just a little bit of pressure, don't aks how I know. :D:D:D

Steve Schlumpf
10-29-2009, 8:39 AM
Ron - congrats on your big win! Very classy ornament! Really like the detail work on the finial! Nice photo as well!

Bernie Weishapl
10-29-2009, 9:49 AM
Congrats Ron on your win and that is a great ornament.

Steve Mawson
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Very nice, would look great on my Christmas tree that will be up in about 5 weeks. Well done, deserves that blue ribbon.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Gorgeous Ron! I can see why it was selected for a blue ribbon!

David E Keller
10-29-2009, 8:09 PM
Very artistic and attractive. My wife wants two dozen of them but fortunately we don't have sea urchin shells. Looks like very delicate work.

ROY DICK
10-29-2009, 8:57 PM
Congratulations are in order.

Roy

Ron Ainge
10-30-2009, 1:28 PM
Thanks for the nice replys. I have been very lucky the past few months because I have had the good fortune to win several red and blue ribons in contest I have entered with my turnings. I don't know if I should put all of them on here because that big of a brag may be to much.

David E Keller
10-30-2009, 1:46 PM
Post 'em all... Even the ones that don't win ribbons if there are any. How can we steal your ideas without pictures? ;-)