PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a HF shaper?

David Prince
10-29-2009, 8:19 AM
I am in the market for a shaper, but don't want to invest too much on one. Does anyone have a HF shaper. It looks like the Grizzly one and it only appears that the difference is 3/4 hp on the HF and 1 hp on the Grizzly. The price is pretty close, but a 20% off coupon at HF would save a chunk. If you have the HF, does it work for you? Anyone suggest something better without a big price tag?

Bud Millis
11-01-2009, 1:03 AM
Router table. HF is crap. Bought several items there and returned it all. Most of it seems deffective from the start.

Josiah Bartlett
11-01-2009, 11:04 PM
They are both copies of the old Delta light duty shaper, but with a collet adaptor. I have a 1940 vintage Delta shaper and I like it a lot for small work, but the tooling and power is fairly limited with a 1/2" spindle. Its too slow spinning to use with anything but large router bits, but shaper cutters work well on it. The fence is ok and the machine is smooth running. If you are buying it and you want to make small moldings and cabinet doors it will do it. Corobcutters.com has 1/2" shaper cutters for reasonable prices. However, if you have the money the G1035 at $525 is a very good machine- its like going from a benchtop saw to a cabinet saw.