PDA

View Full Version : if not free, what do you pay for corian scraps

Michael Schwartz
10-28-2009, 6:07 PM
I am planning on asking around locally for corian scraps. If I cant get them up for free I m wondering what would be a fair price to offer.

johnny means
10-28-2009, 9:51 PM
I am planning on asking around locally for corian scraps. If I cant get them up for free I m wondering what would be a fair price to offer.

When I worked in a counter top shop we never really had any useful scraps because the client often expected to get the sink cut-out for a cutting board. Whatever else was left was given to the client to keep for repairs if necessary. If there were any useful pieces left in the shop they were (because of the high cost), stashed away for the next job of that color.

Anyway, if I were selling a sink cut-out from my shop I would think $10-$20 would be fair.

Paul Johnstone
10-29-2009, 11:09 AM

They sell flat rate boxes of corian pieces on ebay.. They go for around $10 plus shipping, or at least they did about 1 year ago when I was buying some. Some sellers cram 7 or 8 8" x 10" pieces in a box (whatever the box size is).. Others just stuff random scraps in (less useful, unless you are doing pens)