PDA

View Full Version : Two threads locked in less than a week!

James Jaragosky
10-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Moreover, I have read two more that I would have thought should have been locked as well.
Please remember that what makes this a nice forum is civil discourse. Please try to not let things get personal or over the top offensive. Let’s continue to make the creek a shining example of what a online forum should be.
I recently had to remove myself from one thread because it was becoming to personnel for me, and I was losing perspective.

Try to remember that sometimes the meaning that you perceive from a post may not be the meaning that it was delivered with. Without all the body language and feedback that comes from face to face communication things can get lost in the translation. Sometimes it is too easy to take affront where none was meant or given.
The moderators should not have to remind us to use our manners or police us as if we are children. They have a difficult job, let’s make it easy on them and remain civil.

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-29-2009, 1:10 PM
I too thought the unhappy camper feeling was just a tad strong in those threads.

glenn bradley
10-29-2009, 2:11 PM
What Cliff said. Started to sound like the members of those "other" forums. ;-)

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-29-2009, 6:46 PM
What Cliff said. Started to sound like the members of those "other" forums. ;-)

Shades of Craigslist and Tribe.

Keith Outten
10-29-2009, 7:03 PM
Every now and again we will miss a problem thread but we rarely miss a problematic woodworker who chooses to be disrespectful or unfriendly here.

James Jaragosky
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Every now and again we will miss a problem thread but we rarely miss a problematic woodworker who chooses to be disrespectful or unfriendly here.
No worries Keith, it appears that the tone has leveled down lately.
In my two years as a contributor I had never seen so much tension in so few threads.
Thanks for popping in.
Jim J