PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own the Jet JWBS- 20 bandsaw

David Schmaus
10-27-2009, 8:55 AM
I'm my quest to buy a resaw bandsaw I found a auction that is coming up in two weeks in my area that has this 20" Jet bandsaw. I am going to at least hold out to go to this auction. Just wanted any feedback on this saw. I am trying to get a number in my head.

Nathan Conner
10-27-2009, 9:09 AM
With a good blade, it will resaw through 12" of maple/purpleheart without a hiccup. No complaints severe enough to keep me from buying another. The blades take a little bit to change and align, (the inner adjustment/release bolts are a royal pain to reach) there's no lower dust collection port without some modification, and the power button setup on mine is sort of cheap-o plastic. Oh, and the lockdown handle broke off of the extruded fence in little crumbled plastic pieces. It was replaced with a nice turned handle.

It would be nice with a tension release, larger metal cranks, and a foot brake.

Other than that, it's run just fine with factory guides, and I've had mine a few years. Lots of resawing, and it's seen me through several projects. I'm fairly certain it will accept a 1" blade.

I think I got mine via Craigslist from a local welding shop that was trying to use its stock wood blade to cut aluminum blanks, and failing. (Gee, what a surprise!) I got it for around $500, with help loading it on the truck. It was close to new, though abused a bit, and other than one severely trashed blade and lots of personal time spent picking aluminum slivers out of the tires with tweezers, I was happy. I bought a variety of Timberwolf blades and they've kept me happy, too.

Good luck!