PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Titebond II glue.

Sam Layton
10-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I have always used original Titebond glue. I have tried Tighbond III, and it was fine.

I most recently am using Titebond II extend. When I purchased the glue, (one gal) I noticed the glue said to make sure it is mixed up good. I opened it and noticed a big glob in the bottom. I mixed it up good and used it. It seemed to work fine.

The next time I used the Titebond II extend, I again noticed a big glob in the bottom of the glue bottle.

Is this normal for Titebond II extend? Do you have to mixed it up every time you use it, or did I get a bad gallon of glue? I have never mixed the original Titebond, always works great.

Thanks for any help, Sam

Rick Potter
10-26-2009, 1:47 AM
I think there is an 800 number on the label. Call them, and I would not be surprised if they send you a chit for a new one.

Rick Potter

Doug Shepard
10-26-2009, 5:09 AM
I've used TBII Extend a lot but I've never run into that. However, I've never bought the gallon size, just the normal tall bottles (not sure the size).

Steve Rozmiarek
10-26-2009, 9:46 AM
I've seen that. I work in the shop in the winters, so my glue supply sits for months, and I assumed that was the cause. I just tossed it and bought a fresh batch.

Sam Layton
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys for the response. Rick, I will call them today. I looked at their web site last night, and it said on the TB II to make sure you stir it. On the other glues is did not say that.

If I have to stir the glue each time I use it, I will go back to the original TB or TBIII.

Thanks everyone, Sam