PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Print Problem

Ron Pillon
10-25-2009, 5:59 PM
Hi all I am in trouble tried everything I think.
Started machine up this morning set job up on computer first then turned machine on and set material on table turned to the computer to see a black screen and it started rebooting severial times.
Computer is back up can't conect to the machine when I turn it back on just trys to aquire network conection. First checked the nic card on computer with my internet found it don,t work so switched to my other ethernet conection which my internet works on and the machine still will not conect. Know I though I could switch to my USB cable conection and this tells me unknown device even after I reinstall driver for it. I think there is somthing wrong with my board on machine. If any one can Help I would greatly appreaciate it.
I also tried to change the IP address and set the tcp/ip to another number this did not work either.
This machine Has been Great for the almost 5 years I owned it.

John Noell
10-25-2009, 9:29 PM
... Computer is back up can't conect to the machine when I turn it back on just trys to aquire network conection....
I also tried to change the IP address and set the tcp/ip to another number this did not work either.Sounds like you may have multiple issues that need top be sorted individually. First, I prefer to manually set the IP address of the computer attached to the laser. If you have a router (or other device handing out IP addresses [i.e., acting as a DHCP server] ) you need to make sure that any IP address you choose is not part of the set of addresses the router is handing out. IF you had trouble manually assigning an IP address to the computer, we need more information as to what part of that did not work. Any error messages? Are you having trouble setting the IP address of the laser? Remember that both computer and laser need to be on the same subnet (e.g., use 192.168.0.10 for computer and 192.168.0. 20 for the laser - and the subnet on both should be 255.255.255.0.) For any suspected issue with the laser, call tech support. They usually know best.

donald bugansky
10-25-2009, 9:30 PM
Ron,

Did you by any chance change any ports or cable around on your computer. I assume you're using XP with service pack 2 at least?

Anyways, try deleting the port versus just re-installing driver. After that just add new printer port TCP/IP and then the driver.

Hope this helps.

Bugs

Ron Pillon
10-26-2009, 6:07 PM
Thanks for the help guys and a special thanks goes out to EPILOG support you guys are great.

Bill Cunningham
10-29-2009, 9:32 PM
So what did they discover the problem was... Don't leave us hanging :confused::D