PDA

View Full Version : aspire

Michael Schwartz
10-25-2009, 4:58 PM
been thinking about software and how a machine is really only going to be as good as what you control it with so I really don't mind the price tag of aspire.

My question for the most part is does it include all the functionality of Vcarve Pro and Vcarve Photo, and I am assuming Aspire supports 4th axis work.

If I buy aspire I don't really want to buy any other software other than maybe cabinet parts pro.

Planning on downloading trials soon. I need to bring my desktop PC from home to my shop since I wont get far in that area with my mac laptop :rolleyes:

Bob Savage
10-25-2009, 5:00 PM
Michael, I've been playing with the demo for a week or two now and would strongly suggest you download it and do the same. I don't know about the 4th axis.

My understanding is Aspire has all of Vcarve Pro, but not Vcarve Photo... I could be mistaken on the photo part.

Michael Schwartz
10-25-2009, 5:05 PM
Michael, I've been playing with the demo for a week or two now and would strongly suggest you download it and do the same. I don't know about the 4th axis.

My understanding is Aspire has all of Vcarve Pro, but not Vcarve Photo... I could be mistaken on the photo part.

I am really looking for the photo functionality. I know at least from aspire you can generate textures from photos but I don't know the extent of how far you could take that.

Michael Schwartz
10-25-2009, 5:06 PM
I live in a major ski town so tourism is really big so I am looking to be able to take photos of local stuff, carve and sell to tourists. Has me seeing $$ from piles of scrap wood I cant really use for anything else.

Bob Savage
10-25-2009, 5:30 PM
Has me seeing $$ from piles of scrap wood I cant really use for anything else.

I like the sound of that. :)

James Jaragosky
10-25-2009, 6:05 PM
I like the sound of that. :)
Photocarve is a separate program and has functionality that you will not get with aspire.
Aspire has all the functionality that Vcarve pro has.
Cut 3d Does do some things better that Aspire.

Cabinets Parts pro offers a free trial version, if you log onto there web site and register they will send you a copy.
Jim J

Joey Jarrard
10-25-2009, 6:18 PM
Michael,
James is correct the Aspire does not have the Photo V-carve in it. On ther forum Vectric has announced that the next release will have 4th axis in it.
The Photo V-carve is a must have for a area like yours but where you will see the $$ and the best carvings with photos is a Lithophanes here is a video (not mine) of one in a pvc tube but coran is the best. Just sit back and wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dblNnF4JJGk

Greg Holt
11-07-2009, 5:58 PM
It is true that Aspire will not do everything that Photo Vcarve will.

However Aspire does lithophanes just as well as Photo Vcarve. In some ways Aspire is even better for lithophanes.

Aspire will easily do non rectangular photos. See pic

It also has a handy smoothing feature, very useful in lithophanes to reduce cutting time. Formerly I did this in photoshop with gaussian blur.

Up until very recently I did all lithophanes in Photo Vcarve. Then I did the design pictured below and wanted to not only restrict machined area to the shape but also profile cut it out.

Having used Aspire, most likely I will not go back to Photo Vcarve

Greg

I cut this one but wolf moon design by Kent.

Joey Jarrard
11-07-2009, 6:12 PM
Very impressive work. I am still looking at doing my first lithophane.
Just need to find the time.

james mcgrew
11-07-2009, 9:42 PM
and the photo of the family was done on a rotary!

jim