PDA

View Full Version : WHoever it was, thanks!

Carole Valentine
09-25-2004, 3:27 PM
Can't remember a name or which forum and can't find the thread, but whoever posted their idea for setup blocks for the Clamp 'n Tool guide sure has saved me a bunch of time! Thanks for sharing!

Greg Tatum
09-25-2004, 3:38 PM
Was it Paul Comi? He has a great website and it includes a page on the clamps http://home.pacbell.net/paulcomi//Spectaculartrim/Woodworking/clampntool.pdf

Greg

Carole Valentine
09-25-2004, 6:53 PM
Going to make those blocks for the router bits I use the most as well.:D

Dennis Peacock
09-25-2004, 7:14 PM
Carole,

It does my heart good to see you posting here on SMC. I really learn and enjoy the female side of woodworking. Shoot, the LOML teaches me stuff all the time about "why don't you do it THIS way?".....and ya know what? She always has good positive input and a different perspective on ww'ing processes that have paid off more than once. Gotta love those that can see the forrest behind all those trees.!!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Carole Valentine
09-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Carole,

It does my heart good to see you posting here on SMC.
Why thank you, Dennis! When I first started learning about woodworking a year ago, I was hesitant to participate in any of the forums. I was sort of afraid that it might be "trespassing" for a lady to post, so I frequented the Women In Woodworking forum for a while instead. Then I finally got up my nerve to tiptoe in here...shoot...nicest bunch you would ever want to meet! What the heck was I afraid of???:D

Kelly C. Hanna
09-26-2004, 9:32 AM
When I first started watching the home shows on the weekend mornings, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many women were involved in remodeling and carpentry. With the attention to detail most women have, they are naturals for fine woodworking of all types. There are several ladies on another forum where I visit regularly, most of which work in John's shop from time to time. He has a site called woodshopdemos.com where you can see their work. I think it's great more women are getting involved in all aspects of woodworking...it should be for anyone...not just us boys. :D

Paul Comi
09-26-2004, 11:21 AM
You're welcome. Were the instructions clear enough? I find those set up blocks make that clamp n tool guide so easy and fast to use. If you don't know what she's talking about, the idea is when you want to cross cut something with a circular saw and cut exactly where you want, these set up blocks eliminate the need to measure for the offset of your tools when using a straight edge. The same concept applies when using a router to position dado's or using the router to clean up an edge.