PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox mortising machine question

Lowraine Hughes
10-24-2009, 1:56 PM
I am new to the site, so hi to everyone. I am a retired female and have been making furniture for about 4 1/2 years now. I purchased my machine on Craigs list two years ago and started using it this week. I love the machine but I do have an issue with the gas spring on the back. I removed it to change the application, because it was impossible for me to compress the spring by hand I lifted the arm and put the spring in place. I found that by doing so I no longer have the ability to keep the arm in the upright position. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem? The spring goes in and out easily now without any effort so yes it will not hold the machine in the upright position. This makes cutting difficult if not impossible. Help
Lorraine

Lowraine Hughes
10-25-2009, 7:12 PM
Looks like I have a problem that stumps everyone. I had a machanic friend look at the gas spring for me today and he says it is warn out. What troubles me is that is was working fine when I took it off. I am now thinking I damaged it myself. Well, I guess I will just call the company tomorrow, they should be able to give me so answers.