PDA

View Full Version : Festool 150/3, WOW!

Brad Schmid
09-25-2004, 12:30 AM
After toasting my Makita ROS a few months ago, and the PC ROS on Tuesday night, it was time to take the plunge. One call to Bob, 2 day delivery, and I'm a happy camper with a ETS 150/3 :D Took it for a test drive tonight on some cherry shaker doors, and I am totally impressed. The results are so far superior to the other 2 sanders, there is no comparison. No more teeny little swirls, no more tipping the sander, no more changing paper every 5 minutes :cool: I'm completely sold, and I'll never doubt you Festool junkies again! And as everyone has always said, Bob is a great guy to deal with. I'm half hoping my circ saw quits next ;)
Cheers,
Brad

Dennis Peacock
09-25-2004, 12:47 AM
<b>Congrats Brad!!!!</b> Glad to see you take the FT plunge!!! I have that sander and the ES125 ROS and have finally enjoyed sanding again. Cleaner, quieter, less vibration and the sandpaper lasts longer because the dust collection is a lot more effecient!!!!! :D I feel that these babies are very well balanced and no need to wrestle the sander for control. I can control either sander with just three fingers and allow the sander to do the work.

I have my old PC ROS's laying around and several "parts" for the PC sanders that didn't hold up under hobbiest loads. No other sander for me!!!

Gary Max
09-25-2004, 6:04 AM
And another Festool Junkie is born---Congrats
I bought the same sander just a few weeks ago.

Steve Clardy
09-25-2004, 9:37 AM
Yep. I have the 150/3 also. Very nice sander.

Steve

Jim Becker
09-25-2004, 10:04 AM
I'll be firing up my new 150/3 this weekend, too...and I'm looking forward to it. Wonderful piece of machinery and a silky smooth "ride".

John Miliunas
09-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Congrats, Brad! :D You done good, my man. Real good! I feel like the odd man out, 'cuz I got the 150/5, mainly due to the fact that I needed something with a little more "gusto" for removing material. That's OK, because I also have the 125 and the RS400! :D Oh, and the jigsaw, as well as the cordless drill w/both accy. chucks! :) Simply couldn't be happier with an OEM and my rep ain't too shabby, either! (Uncle Bob, of course!!! :D ) Have fun with your new sander. I'm sure it will serve you well! :cool:

Scott Coffelt
09-25-2004, 3:09 PM
I started using mine last week and was totally impressed with it as well. It will definitely see some serious workout.

Jim Becker
09-25-2004, 4:15 PM
LOL! A cabinetmaker friend of mine (and former coworker) just stopped by to show me his new Harley. I showed him my new Festool goodies and had him try out the 150/3...the look on his face was priceless!

Frank Pellow
09-25-2004, 4:51 PM
It good for me to hear more great reviews of a Festool sander. I am a big fan of the Festool stuff that I own but still do not own one of their sanders. I guess that I have a big treat in store.

Tyler Howell
09-25-2004, 6:45 PM
Tool Snob!:cool:

Roger Barga
09-25-2004, 9:12 PM
Brad, I recognized that the two boxes next to your sander contain sand paper, but what are the three smaller boxes stacked on top of the sand paper boxes? I have the hardest time identifying/finding accessories in Festool's catalogs, so I'm just curious if I'm missing out on some useful accessory for my 150/3.

Cheers, Roger

Bob Marino
09-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Brad, I recognized that the two boxes next to your sander contain sand paper, but what are the three smaller boxes stacked on top of the sand paper boxes? I have the hardest time identifying/finding accessories in Festool's catalogs, so I'm just curious if I'm missing out on some useful accessory for my 150/3.

Cheers, Roger
Hi Roger,

The three smaller boxes are simply smaller packages of sandpaper. Most are 50 sheet packs, but those are 5 pack boxes.

Bob

Brad Schmid
09-26-2004, 1:44 AM
I just finished a 2 hour sanding session and I can honestly say I don't hate sanding anymore!

Dennis - your absolutely right, the dust collection is outstanding! I have a Fein Turbo II that I had on all my sanders. I thought it did good with the others, but this sander with that center hole deal is much better. The paper seems like it lasts forever by comparison. In addition to everything else you said, I found it doesn't tend to round over edges like the others, Maybe it's better quality pads, larger area, better control, or a combination, but I love it.

John - you need to keep saving your pennies buddy... sounds like there's still 1 or 2 Festools you don't have yet :D You make me "Festool green" with envy ;) FYI - I was able to stretch the rubber adapter from the Fein to my PC to fit the 150/3. It was a tough stretch, but it worked. Appreciate you sending me the part # you're using though, I may get one of those in the future.

Jim - Now when you can impress a guy on a new Harley with a new tool, that's really saying something. That almost sounds like the makings of a tv commercial :)

Tyler - All I can say is, i'm in good company :D

Roger - Bob answered your question. If I knew up front how impressed I would be, I would have skipped the 5 packs and gone straight to the 100's on all grits.

Cheers,
Brad

John Miliunas
09-26-2004, 9:51 AM
'Ya know guys, this here WW forum is starting to look like Festool Country! :D Dang it, I so wish that the rest of the OEM's and vendors would take the lead from Festool and reps like our own Uncle Bob! Yes, there are a few, which come to mind, but far too often, you don't get the quality expected or service response you need. :mad: I just hope some of the other OEM's/vendors take note of threads like this and hopefully, learn from them! :cool:

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Yea...one of these days I'll have every tool Festool makes....that is if I keep being impressed with other Festool Tools that is. ;) :rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
09-27-2004, 2:37 PM
Unka Bob just sent me a Rotex and I even picked up all the polishing stuff, too. Should be fun working with the Rotex. I have a 150/5 right now that I'm going to put up for sale soon...and I'll probably get the 150/3 in its place. :D Yeah, stealth gloat...no pics...boo-hoo! ;)

Richard McComas
09-28-2004, 2:42 PM
Add me to the growing list of Festool owners. I recently purchased the CT 22 vac and the 150/3 sander from Bob at the IWF this year in Atlanta.

Like everyone else, WOW! nice setup and I am very happy with my purchase.

Frank Pellow
09-28-2004, 3:13 PM
Add me to the growing list of Festool owners. I recently purchased the CT 22 vac and the 150/3 sander from Bob at the IWF this year in Atlanta.

Like everyone else, WOW! nice setup and I am very happy with my purchase.

Welcome to the "Festool at SMC club" Richard. Open up your wallet because I am sure that those will not be your only Festool purchases.