PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Peppermill Set

Bill Bulloch
10-23-2009, 2:42 PM
Turned these today -- Salt and Peppermill with a Toothpick Holder. The Mills are 8" high and the Toothpick Holder 5.5" high. I segmented the Walnut Stripe in so as to distinguish the Peppermill at a glance. What ya think?

Ron Bontz
10-23-2009, 2:46 PM
Those are nice. Looks like something my better half would like to have. Who's plans did you use? Thanks

Bill Bulloch
10-23-2009, 2:57 PM
Those are nice. Looks like something my better half would like to have. Who's plans did you use? Thanks

No plans for the design, just inspiration. You look at so many of these forums and other peoples galleries, sometimes you are not sure where the inspiration comes from. Assembly Instructions come with the kit, if that is what you are talking about.

Steve Schlumpf
10-23-2009, 3:52 PM
Nice set Bill! I like the size of the mills - large enough to be functional yet small enough that you don't have to work out at a gym to be able to lift them! Also like the Walnut accent! Nice way to distinguish between mills!

Kyle Iwamoto
10-23-2009, 4:08 PM
Nice toothpick holder design! I may have to steal your idea.

That is an awesome idea! Thinking out of the box for sure. I make salt with maple and pepper with walnut. Pretty mundane.

Alan Tolchinsky
10-23-2009, 4:49 PM
Bill those are very nice. Great detail with the beading but the tooth pick holder is awesome!

Joe Meirhaeghe
10-23-2009, 5:06 PM
I like the design & the idea of the walnut strip, however I just don't seem to like the looks of the walnut strip.
But hey that's just me!!

Bernie Weishapl
10-23-2009, 7:30 PM
Great looking set Bill. Like the walnut strip.

Kenneth Whiting
10-23-2009, 9:56 PM
I really like that set. Never thought about a toothpick holder like that. Reminds me of the old straw holders. Learn something new everyday at SMC.

John Keeton
10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Pretty neat! I like the walnut accent myself, and I wonder what it would look like with two/four pieces of walnut so that the shaker was divided in 4ths or 8ths counting the cherry?