PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming out of the closet.......

Ken Fitzgerald
09-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Okay Tyler and Chris here's two photos. The first is a photo of my "old" (I'm hesitant to use the following word) shop. As you can see, it's not as big I'm sure as some SMC members walk-in closet. As it is filled to the point of overflowing.......I'm coming out of the closet....literally! :eek: :rolleyes: :p The 2nd photo is the current state of my new shop. I got the facia painted today. Tomorrow I'll scuff the garage door in preparation for spray painting. I'll 2nd coat the facia. I plan on painting the door trim after my neighbor sprays the doors. I'll get the materials and frame the finish room in the new shop this weekend. Hopefully I'll get started installing the electrical service entry too. :confused: :D

Dick Parr
09-24-2004, 10:12 PM
It's coming right along Ken. Look at all the fun you will have filling that shop up. :D

Brian Hale
09-24-2004, 10:17 PM
OMG! What an improvement!!!! :cool: :D :cool:

What are you going to do with all the extra space?? :)

Brian

JayStPeter
09-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Whew, the subject line had me concerned. Some things I'd just rather not know :D .

The new shop looks good.

Jay

Dennis Peacock
09-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Looks great Ken....whachoo gonna do with all that New Space? :p :D
Congrats on the new shop space. You is gonna really like it. :D

Jim Ketron
09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Shop is looking Great Ken!
If you are like me I HATE TO PAINT.
I got burned out from painting when I had my house built.
I done the plumbing painting and it felt like 190 in there while I was painting :mad:
won't be long befor you are hauling in those tools
Jim

Jerry Olexa
09-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Ken, good for you.... Enjoy the new place!

John Miliunas
09-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, just "slightly" bigger! :D Congrats Ken. I'm sure you'll put it to good use. :) Two questions remain in my mind, though: 1) How in blazes did you even MOVE around in the old "shop"?! :confused: 2) Whatchya' gonna' do with the old "closet"? Close enough to the new shop to use for a hardware room or even extra wood stash? :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
09-25-2004, 1:17 AM
John....obviously I could not move around in the old "shop". Everything was on mobile bases. I had to move things out on the carport to do any woodworking. The old "shed" will be used to store lawnmower, lawn tools and most of my automotive equipment. The old shed had about 64 sq.ft of useable floor space. My new shop has 720 sq. ft. I can't wait to get it finished. Later this fall/early winter...I hope! Thanks for the kind words and interest!

Kelly C. Hanna
09-25-2004, 1:24 AM
Nice new shop Ken! Congrats!!

Gary Max
09-25-2004, 5:56 AM
Looks great--everyone will be asking you --why are you smiling so much????

John M. Cioffi
09-25-2004, 7:24 AM
Congrats to you,Ken!

What a relief it was for me, going from my closet(portion of basement) to a 20x20 garage. Hope you have pleanty of room to set everything up & make sawdust.
Enjoy.
John

Michael Stafford
09-25-2004, 7:28 AM
Nothing like having a new shop unless it is filling it up. Enjoy!

Rob Russell
09-25-2004, 8:01 AM
Congrats on the new shop progress. I can identify with your "old" pic ...

Rich Konopka
09-25-2004, 8:09 AM
Ken, Looks Great !! It looks like your all set on the exterior. Now the fun begins on the inside. I acn't wait to see the inside shots !!

Rich

Waymon Campbell
09-25-2004, 8:40 AM
Great look'in shop Ken. We will be expecting a full pictorial review of the inside work!

Lou Morrissette
09-25-2004, 9:22 AM
Congrats, Ken. Have fun filling it up.:D

Jim Becker
09-25-2004, 10:10 AM
The shop is looking great...from the outside. But we do need an interior tour "real soon now", even if it's just bare studs. Time to bare all...now that you're coming out of the closet, ahm....:p

Jason Tuinstra
09-25-2004, 1:07 PM
Ken, that's a nice looking place you have going. I'm sure you're more than ready to move in. Keep us up to date.

Chris Padilla
09-27-2004, 1:45 PM
Sweet! My progress is slow...steady...but slow. Man, I work so slow...I'd never make it as a GC. I do good, methodical, thoughtful work...I'm just slow at it.

Wait till you see some progress pics of my garage gut...you'll laugh at how I build a wall! :)

Tyler Howell
09-27-2004, 1:57 PM
Ken's Cooking Now!:cool:

Frank Pellow
09-27-2004, 2:04 PM
Ken, Looks Great !! It looks like your all set on the exterior. Now the fun begins on the inside. I acn't wait to see the inside shots !!

Rich

Good to hear that you are just about ready to move in Ken. I guess that I am a couple of months behind you (at least, I hope that it ius only a couple of months).

larry merlau
09-27-2004, 2:11 PM
be sure and put down the yellow tape to show you around that new frontier of shop space. wouldnt want you to get lost out there :D and then your wife might have to come to your rescue and see that you really do need another tool,, a compass perhaps or maybe ?????? looks great ken and christmas looks good down your way. santa has got many ideas for you i bet ;)