PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognizes this saw?

Jean Pasnin
10-23-2009, 9:40 AM
Hello,
I only have two relatively bad pictures of a tablesaw and I'm trying to figure out who produces it. I just know that it is an italian machine.
Yeah, I know it's not much to start with but thanks in advance if someone recognises it?

Jean

Mike Circo
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not much help, but would like to add a few bits of input.

That is probably a contractor's style saw and not a true cabinet saw. I've seen those before where the base is "mostly" closed in from the front and side to give it a cabinet saw look. You can see the seam between the actual saw and the base. Just pointing that out so you set your expectations at the right level.

The fence looks like one that Sears used for a few years. Probably added onto that saw relatively recently. It is an okay fence, not especially good. I played with it at the stores a few times and could push it out of alignment pretty easily. Usable but not top shelf. Again, just setting expectations.

It kind of looks like an Inca saw. I think they went out of business a few years ago and produced fairly unique stuff. If that is true, parts would be an issue.

Remember if you buy something less than what you want, and decide to change later, you have a large hunk of iron to get rid of before you can move up. Just my personal experience. (Still stuck with a less than perfect RAS)

Good luck
m

Jason White
10-23-2009, 2:11 PM
The fence suggests one of the Taiwanese manufacturers.

Perhaps a Sunhill?

Jason

Hello,
I only have two relatively bad pictures of a tablesaw and I'm trying to figure out who produces it. I just know that it is an italian machine.
Yeah, I know it's not much to start with but thanks in advance if someone recognises it?

Jean