PDA

View Full Version : festool ETS 150/5 sure gets hot

Steve knight
10-23-2009, 1:23 AM
I just got this sucker today and man it got hot and it was stinking up my shop. it seems ok is this normal?

Joe Jensen
10-23-2009, 1:40 AM
Not at all normal. I've used my Festool sanders for up to 6 hours continuously and they never got hot. SHould be returned for a replacement.

Dave Novak
10-23-2009, 1:43 AM
Send it back. I've used mine for hours and never noticed unusual heat

Steve knight
10-23-2009, 2:50 AM
after checking the festool support group some do get hotter then usual till they are broken in. I used it for heavy sanding right away for it's first job. I will see after using it tomorrow though it will only see light use.

Mike Heidrick
10-23-2009, 3:19 AM
Doubt that heat includes a high enough temp to stink up the shop.

Rick Fisher
10-23-2009, 3:31 AM
I have a 150/5.. Run it for 20 minutes non stop.. not even close to what you described..

I would return it .. Festool will give you zero grief..

Jim Becker
10-23-2009, 7:58 PM
Steve, I agree with some of the others...warm is one thing, but hot enough to get "the smell" isn't. Get it exchanged by your dealer.

Brice Burrell
10-23-2009, 11:13 PM
after checking the festool support group some do get hotter then usual till they are broken in. I used it for heavy sanding right away for it's first job. I will see after using it tomorrow though it will only see light use.

Steve, I'm pretty familiar with Festool products and I do have an ETS 150 sander as well. The ETS models may get fairly warm during the break in period but hot enough to cause a smell seems to be very unusual. The Festool Rotex sanders do get hot to the touch but they have a much larger, powerful motor. As other have already suggested you might want to contact your dealer or call Festool's customer service.

Bob Marino
10-24-2009, 9:32 AM
The ETS 150 sanders are Festool's smoothest sanders; warm - yes/maybe, hot - no way. As others have said, speak to/return to your dealer.

Bob

Keith Harrell
10-24-2009, 10:16 AM
I've had one for three years and it never get hot. Even after using it for hours it only get a little warm. Sounds like a bad bearing maybe.