PDA

View Full Version : not receiving emails to subscriptions and PM's

Andrew Schlosser
10-22-2009, 8:49 PM
I am not receiving emails when threads that I am subscribed to are updated, nor when I receive a PM. In my Options, I have selected the options to receive emails from visitors, have specified a valid email address, can see threads that I am subscribed to, and received about 70 PM's.
In an attempt to resolve the issue, I changed the option from instant notification to daily, and then back again. That didn't seem to solve the issue either, as I still don't get notifications.

This is a new issue over the last few months, as I used to get email notifications.

Any other ideas?

travis howe
10-22-2009, 8:59 PM
I had/have a similar issue.

It worked for a while and then all the sudden it all stopped. Come to find out it was being dumped into my junk / spam bucket in my email.

In my case I have yahoo email. It may be the same with others as some companies share spam lists... getting on spam lists by accident does happen, and there could be something in those messages that is flagged as spam.

Either way, if you check your junk / spam bucket and it is indeed there you should be able to create a rule that will put that email back in your normal email in box.

r/travis

Andrew Schlosser
10-23-2009, 6:41 AM
Travis, you were right. I use gmail, and I did search for "sawmillcreek" and it showed just one or two other emails. The search function doesn't get into the spam folder.

Jon Crowley
10-28-2009, 5:02 PM
Add me to the list of confused gmail users. :) I ended up adding "noreply@sawmillcreek.org" as a contact... hopefully that keeps it from going to spam.