PDA

View Full Version : best router for incra table

jason lambert
10-22-2009, 4:04 PM
I am going to order the big incra router table set up I may get a new router to replace my bosch 1617evs. What is the recomended table router these days. Also shoudl i get the lift or is there a router with a lift to save me some coin I knwo the tritons where popular a couple of years ago but they seem to have fallen out of favor.

Mike Goetzke
10-22-2009, 4:11 PM
If you are going with an Incra table might a s well get one of their lifts:D.

I built my own table but have an Incra PRL-V2 with a Milwaukee 5625-20 router and couldn't be happier.

Mike

Ian James Webster
10-22-2009, 4:19 PM
I put a Porter Cable 7518 into mine and couldn't be happier.

Mike Wilkins
10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I have the Incra router table with the Woodpeckers PRL router lift, and a Porter Cable 7518 router mounted inside. This is a sweet combination. I believe the larger Milwaukee router will fit this same lift without the use of adapters, but there are adapters available for other routers as well.
You will not regret the purchase of a router lift; my old router table required the frustating dance of getting under the table to loosen the router base locking machanism, adjusting the router body with very little room to get 2 hands, locking the router, checking the height, a few colorful words, and then back under the table for the same dance. Now I just install the crank and make it simple.