PDA

View Full Version : Exciting News about FWW!!!

Jason Tuinstra
09-24-2004, 1:50 PM
Today, after spending an hour at the St. John Police Station for identity fraud issues that have been going on since the loss of my wallet, I came home and my bad day turned good when I got a wonderful surprise in the mail!!!

After being nudged by you guys to enter my <A HREF="http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9822" TARGET="_blank">curly-cherry tall cabinet</A></EM></font> in FWW's Current Work department, I got a post card from FWW (see attatched) telling me that they've "accepted my entry for publication in a future issue of the magazine." Wow, what an honor for a little hobbyist like myself! Thanks for all your encouragement to go ahead with this. You guys are great encouragers.

Now, what exactly is this guy doing in the post card? It looks like he's making wood spin around in a circle. Hmmm... why would he do that? :p

Jack Hogoboom
09-24-2004, 1:52 PM
Jason,

Congratulations!!! You deserve it. Your work is beautiful!! Let us know when it'll be in FWW so we can make sure we see it.

Jack

John Gregory
09-24-2004, 1:52 PM
Congratulations. Your work is first rate.

Kent Cori
09-24-2004, 1:54 PM
Attaboy Jason! We all expect autographed copies when it is published. :D Great work!

Jim Becker
09-24-2004, 1:55 PM
Woo hoo!! Congratulations, Jason!! A fine honor for you, indeed, and well deserved.

BTW, I believe that that foot-operated lathe actually spun the wood in both directions; one way on the "down stroke" of the foot and the other way on the "up stroke". THAT would drive me nuts...

John Miliunas
09-24-2004, 2:00 PM
Awright!!! :D Way to go, Jason! I know I've always been impressed with your craftsmanship and now, thousands more will be, as well! :) Congrats! :cool:

Dennis Peacock
09-24-2004, 2:03 PM
Woo-Hoo!!!!!! Way to go Jason!!!!!! Congrats.!!!!!! Very well deserved.

Gary Max
09-24-2004, 2:06 PM
That is so cool----couldn't happen to a better guy.

Chris Padilla
09-24-2004, 2:08 PM
Attention, Folks, we now have a Celebrity in our midst!! Now you gotta move to Los Angeles, be driven around in a Rolls, and drink champagne all the time. Life as you know will never be the same. Congrats, I think! ;)

:D

Mathew Nedeljko
09-24-2004, 2:17 PM
Jason, I am so glad that we were able to encourage you to submit your work to FWW and that it has been accepted.

I'm going to be watching my FWW closely, and I can't wait to show the pictures to my friends and say, "Hey I know this guy from the Creek!" :p

Congratulations, again!

Dave Brandt
09-24-2004, 2:22 PM
And it oughta be on the cover! Way to go Jason.

larry merlau
09-24-2004, 2:32 PM
glad you decided to go for the gusto jason. you and your work both define craftsmanship and good character. let us know when its in there and continue to let us see your work. congrats

Bob Marino
09-24-2004, 2:33 PM
Jason,

Congratulations!! Very impressive!

Bob

Donnie Raines
09-24-2004, 2:33 PM
Way cool!!.....can I have mine autographed???..... :rolleyes: ;)

John Renzetti
09-24-2004, 2:44 PM
Hi Jason, That is great news. Congratulations. Your work shows a lot of talent and craftsmanship.
take care,
John

Michael Stafford
09-24-2004, 3:20 PM
I'm a little confused (nothing unusual about that). Did you find the card while you were at the police station? Did it take them an hour to read the card? Did the id fraud guy have the card? Hmm, education may not be all it should in Indiana. :rolleyes: I too want an autograph. I thought your cabinet was just beautiful. Congratulations. And Jason, next time just scan the card and put it on the web site, somebody will be able to read it for you.. ;)

Dave Right
09-24-2004, 4:31 PM
Congratulations! You are too humble! Your work is beautiful and you will hear that from a lot more people.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-24-2004, 4:36 PM
Jason......Congrats! :D .....We, here at the 'Creek, can say in the future....."I knew him when......." :rolleyes: I'll save the other members the task....as near as I can figure you'll need to autograph 2700+ copies of FWW just for SMC members! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'll bet our membership increases once the word gets out about the autographed copies of FWW! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D Again.....Congrats! Your craftsmanship is inspiring!

Wes Bischel
09-24-2004, 4:47 PM
Jason, Excellent news!! Congratulations, it says a lot about your work. I'll be on the look-out for it.

Wes

Larry Crim
09-24-2004, 4:58 PM
congrats

I've been on your web site before and was amazed at the quality of your work you deserve it.
Good job.
Larry

Keith Christopher
09-24-2004, 5:09 PM
OUTSTANDING ! It is an awesome cabinet and deserves to be posted there.

Jason Tuinstra
09-24-2004, 5:15 PM
I'm a little confused (nothing unusual about that). Did you find the card while you were at the police station? Did it take them an hour to read the card? Did the id fraud guy have the card? Hmm, education may not be all it should in Indiana. :rolleyes: I too want an autograph. I thought your cabinet was just beautiful. Congratulations. And Jason, next time just scan the card and put it on the web site, somebody will be able to read it for you.. ;)

LOL... Alright wise guy :D , I fixed all the mistakes in my story. You remind me of the time I posted a project on the Badger Pond entitled "Birds-Eye Carrier." It was a Shaker style carrier made out of bird’s eye maple. I never thought about how silly the post sounded until someone asked, "Why would you want to carry bird's eyes?"

Okay, I admit it, I don't always think a lot before I post :p I never think I have to though. In my mind, I always understand myself. Hmmmm.... :D :p

Chris Padilla
09-24-2004, 5:18 PM
No worries, Jason, we'll tell you what to think and what you mean...no problemo! :D :D :D

Brad Schmid
09-24-2004, 5:19 PM
Awesome! what an honor :cool:

Jason Tuinstra
09-24-2004, 5:36 PM
Jason......Congrats! :D .....We, here at the 'Creek, can say in the future....."I knew him when......." :rolleyes: I'll save the other members the task....as near as I can figure you'll need to autograph 2700+ copies of FWW just for SMC members! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'll bet our membership increases once the word gets out about the autographed copies of FWW! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D Again.....Congrats! Your craftsmanship is inspiring!

Ken, you and the rest of the guys crack me up.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. They said in the letter it could be up to a year before it's published. Thus, I'm not holding my breath about seeing it in the next month or two.

Please understand that I know that most of you guys do the same quality work as I do, if not much better. So if I ever appear to be too big for my britches, just threaten to come visit me with a square in hand. That'll have me humbled in no time flat :p Doh...

Thanks everyone for being excited with me!

Lou Morrissette
09-24-2004, 5:41 PM
Congratulations Jason! Way to go!:D

Jon Olson
09-24-2004, 5:52 PM
Figured I'd better pipe on in.....Congrats, the piece is beautiful!! having not seen it before, I was amazed at the details!!

Jon

Bob Murphy
09-24-2004, 7:45 PM
Congratulations. The piece is truly spectacular.

Mike Mastin
09-24-2004, 8:57 PM
Jason,

I know how proud that you must feel right now :D

Gifted hands and great wood are always a winning combination!

Jerry Olexa
09-24-2004, 9:42 PM
Jason, you do excellent work! That cabinet is typical of your attention to detail and fine joinery. You deserve this recognition by the premier WW magazine. By the way, we're glad you're back even though you are now a world traveler and appearing in national magazines! Congratulations!! What are u making now? Jerry

Mike Scoggins
09-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Jason,

A well-deserved congratulations to you! You do great work, and I much appreciate you sharing your work with all of us on SMC. Your comment about the square brought a smile to my face :), but your humility is appreciated. Gal 6:3-4

I think God is smiling on you for using this ability, too; it's another way of worshipping Him. You seem to "work at it with all your heart." Col 3:23-24

Again, CONGRATULATIONS! I'll be anxiously awaiting the FWW issue!

Mike

Jason Tuinstra
09-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Jason, you do excellent work! That cabinet is typical of your attention to detail and fine joinery. You deserve this recognition by the premier WW magazine. By the way, we're glad you're back even though you are now a world traveler and appearing in national magazines! Congratulations!! What are u making now? Jerry

Jerry, thanks for the kind words. Right now I'm making a hope chest for a friend of mine. It's nothing special. It's taken from some Woodsmith plans and will match the rest of his bedroom set that I've built for him in this similar style. I'll post pictures when I get done, which shouldn't be that far off. It's a surprise for his wife for their wedding anniversary and he needs it within two weeks. Shouldn't be a problem. We'll see though.

Jason Tuinstra
09-25-2004, 1:02 PM
Mike, my desire is to always live by two simple Latin phrases which I'm sure you know: Soli Deo Gloria and Corem Deo. Thanks for the encouragment to do so!

Betsy Yocum
09-25-2004, 7:16 PM
Jason - an outstanding honor indeed - congrats!

Now for those of us new to this forum - how can I find the picture of your original masterpiece - or will you be so kind as to repost it?

Thanks - and congrats again.:p
Besty

Jim Becker
09-25-2004, 7:52 PM
Now for those of us new to this forum - how can I find the picture of your original masterpiece - or will you be so kind as to repost it?
Betsy, just click on the link in the very first message of this thread to see the original pictures and commentary posted on SMC for this wonderful project.

Carole Valentine
09-25-2004, 8:00 PM
Wow! Congratulations, Jason! Beautiful work and you deserve the honor.:)

Betsy Yocum
09-25-2004, 8:49 PM
Betsy, just click on the link in the very first message of this thread to see the original pictures and commentary posted on SMC for this wonderful project.
Thanks Jim for helping the electronically challenged!!!:D

Bruce Page
09-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Oops!:o I accidentally posted this to your original curly-cherry tall cabinet (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9822) post but I’ll say it again - A well deserved honor Jason! Looking at your cabinet again, I’m still in awe!

Jim Ketron
09-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Congrats Jason!!:D
You should have a:D on your face for a while I know I would
Jim

scott spencer
09-26-2004, 7:18 AM
Those look print worthy to me! Really nice work.... Congrats and enjoy your "15 minutes"!

Martin Shupe
09-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Congratulations, Jason, an honor well earned! I will look forward to you signing my copy when we meet someday.

Bill Grumbine
09-30-2004, 7:34 AM
Congratulations Jason! Your cabinet is certainly worthy of the honor. On that other subject, I can feel for you. I went through some identity fraud a few years ago, but in the end, the Lord knows who we are! I will look forward to your post informing us of the actual publication.

Bill

David Hayes
09-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Congrats Jason! I love seeing the work you produce. Looking forward to seeing the piece in FWW.

Dave

Ed Hardin
09-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Jason, what you have done is beautiful. The most important thing to me, being a PK and having a son in seminary, is that you have a great hobby to help release the tension of your work. I DO know how bad it can get. My son likes wood work so I keep buying him tools until he is through with school. God Bless

Byron Trantham
09-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Congrats Jason!! :D :D