PDA

View Full Version : USB or Ethernet?

Jeff Belany
10-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I have a Epilog Helix. It was set up with a USB cable. Been having quite a few 'Fail to print' errors. Someone suggested that I change from USB to Ethernet cables. The problem comes and goes. First job will print then the next ones won't. Have to reboot the computer then it seems to work for awhile. Worked fine for 3-4 days then this morning I had a heck of a time. Would seem to me to be a Windows problem since it is in the print section. Or is the laser not accepting the data? It's a new computer, bought just for the laser w/X4 installed.

Any ideas?

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

paul cottingham
10-22-2009, 1:49 AM
Sounds like a cable or driver issue. An Ethernet cable will not work unless the unit has an Ethernet jack as well. (obvious, yes, but it needed to be said...) then you need to config it for a network.

Anthony Scira
10-22-2009, 2:54 AM
Follow these steps and you will be fine with Ethernet and wont look back to that silly USB cable.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=892583#post892583

Joe Boiman
10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
This may be way out in left field, but a long time ago I had a similar problem. Ended up the file names were causing the problem. I suggest keeping the file name to a "normal" length. Avoid names with spaces in them, such as "Test Job first attempt with new setting"