PDA

View Full Version : first attempt to post pics

Don Meyer
10-21-2009, 7:47 PM
This is my first attempt to post pictures on this site. This is my nova and the stand I built for it hope they come out.

Bernie Weishapl
10-21-2009, 7:52 PM
Came out nice Don. The only thing I would do different is to put 1" oak spacers between the top and the bed to give you room to clean out the bed. I did that with Nova DVR XP and makes cleaning easier. I put the spacers about 2" wide X 3" log where I put a bolt.

Don Meyer
10-21-2009, 8:07 PM
Thanks for the compliment Bernie. I never even thought about the cleaning up when I built the stand so I just might take your advice and add some blocks to raise it. Thanks.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-21-2009, 8:10 PM
Don....I'd say your first attempt at uploading a photo was successful! Nice lathe......welcome to the Creek!

Skip Spaulding
10-21-2009, 8:14 PM
Nice photos, great stand.

Steve Schlumpf
10-21-2009, 8:27 PM
Don - Welcome to the Creek! Good looking lathe and stand! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings real soon!

alex carey
10-21-2009, 8:51 PM
Looks like a pretty sturdy stand, congrats on the new lathe as well.

Paul Atkins
10-22-2009, 2:09 AM
Like Bernie, I put blocks under my lathes not only to clean out, but to have a place for the tools in use without stabbing cast iron on the way in. I used 2" high blocks on each end.

Jeff Nicol
10-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the Creek! I think you did a fine job on the stand and the lathe is one that is well liked by most all who own them. I think you must have been building furniture for a while as the stand is almost too nice to get all gunked up while turning! The spacers will be a great thing and you won't be sorry you put them in. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress in the turning arena!

Jeff