PDA

View Full Version : My brother is busting my stones....

Fred Voorhees
10-21-2009, 7:27 PM
....he and his wife are in New Orleans right now and he tells me that he was rubbing elbows with This Old Houses' Rich Trethewey today. I am so darned jealous.

Jim Becker
10-21-2009, 9:28 PM
Let me guess...they are drinking boiler makers... :D

Dave Lehnert
10-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Years ago I walked into a Furrows lumber yard here in Cincinnati and there sat Tom Silva. He was signing issues of This Old House Magazine as it was new. Funny part he was just sitting there for the most part alone. I don't think people recognized him. He had a brown sport coat on.
Did not act like he was too thrilled to be their.

Fred Voorhees
10-22-2009, 5:43 AM
Years ago I walked into a Furrows lumber yard here in Cincinnati and there sat Tom Silva. He was signing issues of This Old House Magazine as it was new. Funny part he was just sitting there for the most part alone. I don't think people recognized him. He had a brown sport coat on.
Did not act like he was too thrilled to be their.

My youngest brother and I have always talked about how cool it would be to work for Tom. I would bet that he would be pretty anal about the work, but it would be well worth it to work for him with what you could learn.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-22-2009, 6:28 AM
I have always thought him and norm would be great to work for too...

Bob Rufener
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I have the deepest respect for all of the TOH crew. Tom Silva is a wizard at solving building problems. Does anyone have more passion for his work than Roger Cook? We all know of Norm. And, I think Richard would be a blast to tip a few brewskies on a winter day. Although, I must say, I liked Steve Thomas better than Kevin O'connor but Kevin is fine.