PDA

View Full Version : Eggsperiments

Duane Parcells
10-21-2009, 7:21 PM
Played a little more with eggs on the rotary attachment. A candle makes a fine holder. Hollow out the end a little, melt a drop of wax on each end of the egg, soften the ends of the candle and attach. Don't move too soon, it takes a few minutes to fully re-harden. Had to play with power settings for a while to get it right. My laser is 75 watts. The oval was cut at 20 speed, 30 power and 500 freq. The other stuff you see are failed settings of intricate designs. Remove the candle with a hot knife or soldering iron. That last picture had to be done because.
I have to move on to other things for a while. Hope someone can run with this. One last note, Lasering a egg really stinks!

Frank Corker
10-21-2009, 9:57 PM
I often wondered what it was going to be like, thanks for the photos Duane. The laser cut seems to be pretty clear and I see you managed to get a decent engraving on the shell around the cut you made. I did think it would smell though, working with eggs always did, years ago I used blow them and paint them. I used to wash them out in soapy water with loads of dettol, not fantastic but the smell was gone.

David Fairfield
10-22-2009, 8:12 AM
Good idea using the candle, never would have thought of it! I'll be trying this around Easter! Thanks! :)

Dave