PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Leif Hanson
09-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Hello all!

I figured maybe I should introduce myself... I actually joined here to get in touch with an SMC member, but have lurked here often for a long time. I recognize some of the names I see here, but not all...

I'm an avid hand tool addict - I've been down the slope for a long time now, and have been actively tying anvils and anchors to the feet of those who are trying to crawl back up the slope next to me when I can. I've been on a hand tool building kick this last summer - you can see some of my exploits of the past few months on my web site (www.norsewoodsmith.com (http://www.norsewoodsmith.com/)) if you're interested.

Anyhow, I'll be poking my head in here from time to time, now that I'm a member, and thought it might be appropriate to say hello so I don't get the evil eye too much when I do!

Leif

Ken Fitzgerald
09-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Leif!

Vince Sandy
09-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Welcome Leif!

I also want to say that in the last several weeks I've spent some time at your web site. I read with great interest your explanation of building backsaws and also the piece on making a new cover-top saw handle for an old hand saw. Very thorough explanations and very nice work.

Vince

Dave Anderson NH
09-24-2004, 12:49 PM
I've seen your posts on another forum and have always enjoyed them immensely. I hope you will drop by often and offer your $.02. I would encourage our members to check out your site, it has a lot to offer for hand tool makers, refurbishers, and users and it is non-commercial.

Marc Hills
09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Welcome Leif!

I too have admired your website and your neander projects via lurking at Woodnet. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Michael Stafford
09-24-2004, 1:14 PM
Leif, I went to your website and you have a lot to offer hobbyist such as myself. Your work is terrific and would be inspiring to many here on the Creek.

Roger Nixon
09-24-2004, 1:16 PM
Hi Leif. Like the others, I've seen you post on other forums and I've really enjoyed your website. I did a double take when I saw the pictures of your lathe and turning tools, I have the same ones :) .

Leif Hanson
09-24-2004, 2:00 PM
Well, thank you all for the warm welcome! :D

Vince - didn't you make a handle for a D12 recently? Verrry nice! :cool:

Dave - I admire your work immensely... Simply fantastic stuff! :cool: Hope to do some of my own versions, someday.

Roger - glad to know I'm not the only cheap bas.... err... frugal guy... errr.... Hey - great minds think alike, huh?? :eek: (just ribbin' ya! ;) )

Actually, I admire much of the work I've seen produced here, from all. A great forum, no doubt!

Thanks again!

Leif

Dick Parr
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the Creek Leif.

Richard Gillespie
09-25-2004, 9:16 AM
Leif; just got back from visiting your site. Lots of great information there. Thanks a lot. Welcome to the creek.