PDA

View Full Version : Delta 22-680 (DC-380) 15" planer gloat

Jeff Sudmeier
10-21-2009, 8:05 AM
A guy at work is selling a Delta 22-680 (DC-380) 15" Planer for $200. Went and looked at it last night and it includes the planer stand with the rollers, a delta mobile base, planer pal knife setting jig and 2 thickness gauges.

It has light rust on the bed and on the free wheeling rollers. I looked at the head and it has no rust on it at all, the infeed roller needs to be cleaned but otherwise it is fine.

He fired up the motor and it sounded good as well.

The back story is that the tools are his Father-in-laws, they were in his workshop when a tornado came through and ripped off the roof, they didn't receive direct water because it wasn't real rainy that night, just residual moisture... from the looks of it, not much at all..

I know, I know this thread is useless without pics, I will get them when I pick up the planer. I told him I would take it last night, just have to wait 2 weeks till it works out to get a trailer... I am going to go nutz waiting for it for 2 weeks!!! :)

Ohh I almost forgot, he pointed to his stack of wood behind the planer and said that I could have it as well if I took the planer and helped him move the tools to get at it... It was about 4 foot high, 8 feet long and only about 12 inches deep. 1/2 of the boards are 12" wide, 10-12 of them are 8/4 and there are two that are thicker than that :)

Wish me luck :)

Maurice Ungaro
10-21-2009, 9:05 AM
Jeff,
A hearty congrats!

Mike Cruz
10-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Congrats on FINDING a great deal. I will give you a TRUE congrats when you actually have it all in your greedy little hands. Not to make you any more nervous, but a lot can happen in 2 weeks...someone else might get wind of it and offer more money... GO GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GERALD HARGROVE
10-21-2009, 1:27 PM
Great score. The wood is worth that, what kind? Go rent a trailer and get that thing home and all if its freinds.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-21-2009, 1:39 PM
I know, I know it's eating at me not having it... Can't get it till Tuesday for sure but we'll see.

I work with the guy pretty closely and he is a stand up time so when we said deal I trust it was a deal ;)

If I go get it early it's because I can't stand not having it YET :P