PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Baby Drum Sander

Chuck Isaacson
10-21-2009, 1:28 AM
This post is for all of you guys that went to the store and looked at it, or maybe you saw one on Craigslist, perhaps in you local classifieds. I am telling you to GET IT!! Every time that I use mine, I am all smiles. I think that right after my General 650, that it is my favorite tool in my shop. I glued up some drawer fronts today and after they dried up for a few hours I wanted to smooth out the fronts. So I hooked up the old Penn State to it and let it rip. I was amazed yet once again. It took me 35 minutes to sand flush two side of 10 drawers. I think that I spent 2 hours on the six cabinet doors that I did a few weeks ago (that may be an exaggeration). But it sure made quick work of it. Now I just have to do a little touch up to fix where it was going across the grain on the stiles and throw some finish on them. But seriously, it really is a great little tool. Anyone else have one? Let me know what you think about it..

Chuck

Rick Fisher
10-21-2009, 4:07 AM
Hi Chuck..

Its a great feeling to buy a tool and be impressed each time you use it..

Its like that one great golf shot.. lol..

Good for you..

Roger Savatteri
10-21-2009, 7:04 AM

Chuck,

I have a General Woodworking Machinery 15-250M1 25" Horizontal Double Drum Sander which I very happy with except for when I need to feed in short small pieces.
One tends to get a curved "hipcup" (sniping) at the end due to the distance of the holddown rollers.

What's the shortest piece you could feed through your baby Griz?

After your post I may need to be on the lookout for one.

thanks,
roger

Chuck Isaacson
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
What's the shortest piece you could feed through your baby Griz?

I am not sure. I really havent played around with it that much. The book says that the min. stock length is 8". I haven't run any pieces that small yet. I have used it for all of my face frame pieces for my cabinets. It sure makes quick work of that. Maybe I will run a small piece like that through today and let you know.

Chuck