PDA

View Full Version : Omnijig

Jason Yeager
10-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Hello,

I am looking at dovetail jigs and was interested in the relatively new version of the Omnijig. I read the field test on dovetail jigs in FWW, but the newer Omnijig wasn't ready at that time, and consequently not included in the report. Seems like the Akeda and Leigh are the best, however, the Omnijig seems to have some great features as well. Any input would be great

Thanks

guy knight
10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
i have the 24" model with all of the templates it works great easy to use and setup but be warned the factory stops are not spot on you will need to adjust but the learning curve is short

roman fedyk
10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
I believe you will find that the complexity of the omnijig will have you using it less than you think. Compare against the Akeda before making the purchase.
I have many dovetail jigs, including omnijig, leigh d4r, jointech, a rockler type, and a 16" craftsman industrial.

The ONLY one that gets used regularly is the Akeda. Price wise, they are similar in cost. Guarantee you will be pleased and amazed at the Akeda. I was...

David Moody
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
The new Omnijig that you are looking at is very easy to use and very simple to set up. I have been having a great time using mine. As Guy said, though, you will have to do some practice cuts and fiddle with the stops to get the adjustments just right.

I would recommend that you get the dust collection port and a full set of stops and bits.