PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Wood Gloat

Michael Weber
10-20-2009, 5:40 PM
Local cabinet shop auction. What the heck. Took the afternoon off and went. Some real bargains on tools but I was there for lumber. Had my eye on a rack of lyptus and maple. I roughly estimated 150 bf total and put my limit at $2.00 a board foot or $300 total depending on how they sold it. As it turned out they sold that rack together with two others. Ended up with about 70 bf maple and 70 bf lyptus. Also, several nice long wide white oak boards and several hundred lineal feet of mostly cove molding in lengths up to 16 feet. The picture is with the truck unloaded except for the maple and lyptus and one of the nice oak boards over on the side of the pickup. The maple is clear and all 10 feet long. The lyptus is mostly 14 foot lengths and also mostly clear. Total for all you ask? $17.50.

Dave Lehnert
10-20-2009, 5:44 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/bill%20murray%20you%20suck.jpg

Mike Cruz
10-20-2009, 7:03 PM
NICE! Got a rack for all that? I'll let you "borrow" mine until you get yours built...:D

gary Zimmel
10-20-2009, 7:12 PM
$17.50......

You know it's a great gloat when you spend more on the gas than the wood....
Nice haul Michael!

Paul Ryan
10-20-2009, 7:59 PM
Somebody call the Cops you stole that!

Ben Martin
10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Wow, great snag!

What did some of the tools sell for?

glenn bradley
10-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Sssssssssssssssssmokin' deal. Congrats.

Mike Bosdet
10-21-2009, 12:05 AM
WOW! :eek: Did you use a gun????

Michael Weber
10-21-2009, 1:01 AM
NICE! Got a rack for all that? I'll let you "borrow" mine until you get yours built...:D
Actually, I don't. When can I expect you to deliver yours?;)

$17.50......

You know it's a great gloat when you spend more on the gas than the wood....
Nice haul Michael!
Actually only a mile or so away from home so no gas to speak of. Was worried a little about the springs on the old Toyota Tacoma though. Stayed off the main drag on the way home with 16 foot lumber hanging out the back.

Wow, great snag!

What did some of the tools sell for?
Well lets see. there was a beautiful old long bed 6 inch jointer that went for 110. Had a fancy, cast decorative open fret blade guard. I forget the manufacturer. An Anderson 36 inch wide belt sander sold for 650. Another cabinet shop bought it. There was a large panel saw similar to what the local Lowes uses, just a little smaller. Had the saw, dust collector, the whole smheer for 190. Big Powermatic shaper I think sold for 350. There was 28 sheets of 1/2 in Baltic Birch ply that went for 10.00 per sheet. If I had known what I was going to get the lumber for I would have bid on that. A couple of Grizzly dust collectors. One 2 horse and another 3 I think (was larger anyway). Both sold for around $120.

WOW! :eek: Did you use a gun???? NO. but a couple of people did tell me I stole it.

Actually, one of the boards I took for lyptus is something else. Much less red and more brown with a kind of spotted grain appearance. Not sure what it is but it's a nice 12 inch wide board. Weighs less than the lyptus too by quite a bit.