PDA

View Full Version : Simple pole barn kits/plans?

James Carmichael
10-20-2009, 7:56 AM
After a tumultuous first 3 quarters of 2009 that saw the birth of my granddaughter, the passing of my dad and MIL, and the loss of the family ranch in a firestorm (luckily not a primary residence), brother, SIL and I are finally at a point to start rebuilding the latter.

Structure-wise, first order of business is to get a simple barn up so as to have a place to park the tractor (luckily, it was on loan to a neighbor and spared) ATV, store tools, etc.

Anyone know of a simple and not-too-expensive to build kit or plan? Nothing fancy, just a lean-too will do to start, we can add sliding doors later.

What we had before was, IIRC, about 40x10, just barely deep enough to park the old MF 65 with the lift arms sticking out the back.

David G Baker
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
James,
Go to one of the on-line search engines, Google, Bing, etc, and type in the words "how to build a pole barn". There are several free sites that have directions. If you have a library near you they may have a how to do it book on the subject.
In good weather here in Michigan a contractor can put up a pole barn in one day if he has a 5 man crew, with the exception of concrete, electrical and finish work. It may be cheaper to hire the construction done. Some companies have complete packages delivered to your site and you hire the builder. If you go this route make sure that you get some one that is experienced at building pole barns because there are a few fly by night folks out there.