PDA

View Full Version : Laserable Mugs

Tim Baude
10-19-2009, 9:37 PM
Hi everyone,
Just had a chance to try the laserable mugs from JDS. They come out real nice. Not sure if they can be a huge seller due to the price as I final cost would be 10 ish per mug, but as a gift from me to family, friends and co-workers, it might just be good. Has anyone else tried these? I did just the red and it looks sharp. I will post picture later.

Also due to just white engraving, not sure the market as you can get multi colored sublimated mugs for pretty cheap. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Thanks
Tim

David Arana
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I ordered a couple of the black ones as a sample.
They came out so nice that I put them on display.
I would say within a week I have sold about 4-5 of them at 12.00 each.
I also spoke to the local coffee shop and got them to order 1 case at $7.00 each. Didn't make much profit on them but I got them sold nonetheless. I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning.
One thing to keep in mind about these is you need to place something underneath them to keep them from rocking on the laser. They may be square but just rounded enough to not stay steady.

Tim Baude
10-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Thats great David,
What kind of logos or such are people asking for? Do you do just 1 side and charge more for 2 sides? As you saw, they come out crisp and very nice. May throw on my website or bring to a show.
Tim

Mike Christen
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Just looked on JDS and was unable to find them, can you send link please

Thanks

David Arana
10-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Being right beside the army base, I used the same artwork for my decals on the mugs, so art setup was not a problem.
I have been doing the artwork on both sides.
As for the coffee shop. I just took the logo and made it grayscale and burned it on no problem. With my laser 25w. It takes approx 2-3 minutes per side (Thats if only doing 1 at a time). But when I do the case order for them im just going to line 12 mugs up and burn them all at once, should be pretty quick. I am actually really pleased with these mugs. I highly recommend them if your looking for something to add to your point of sale. I put these on my display case right beside the door and everyone that comes in is very impressed. I forsee many sales to come.
I'll have some pictures in the morning.

David Arana
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Dont have a link but the item numbers are LMG11, LMG12,LMG13
11=black
12=red
13=blue

Jim Coffee
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Good evening...

I've tried these. The engraving was excellent. However, there is a plug in the bottom that failed (in the dishwasher) so the inner cavity in the mug filled up with water (not the place where you put coffee...but between the place where you put coffee and the outer square wall.

I contacted JDS to alert them.

I nice product...however I think must be able to withstand a dishwasher.

Tom Gooch
10-20-2009, 1:20 AM
I ordered a sample pack today and look forward to trying them out. I couldn't find them on the JDS website either, so just called them. Thanks for the alert about the plug in the bottom. Perhaps you could put a dome of epoxy over the plug?

Tim Bateson
10-20-2009, 7:30 AM
I believe they are new, probably within the mast month or so. If you get on the JDS mailing list you'll get their email fliers for new and discounted/sale items.

David Arana
10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Here we are as promised.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/Bardman2007/kiowamug.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/Bardman2007/kiowamug.jpghttp://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/Bardman2007/hawkmug.jpg

Martin Boekers
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't worked on the sample they sent.

Those look nice!

Dave, you mentioned you do decals on mugs.
Do you mind sharing?

Are the water slide, or bulk buy and fired, or the dye sub decal material?

Do you spray coat to protect them? I contacted Krylon and they don't
make a food safe cover coat.

Maybe we could convince them to make tiles:)

Marty

David Arana
10-20-2009, 5:26 PM
I meant to say I use the same artwork for my decals for the mugs.
Sorry about the confusion.

Bill Cunningham
10-20-2009, 9:35 PM
Ooooo nice chopper logo... I hear those Taliban really bounce when you hit em right..:D

Pat Shirkey
10-21-2009, 8:26 PM
I did these a couple of weeks ago for a customer to take to deer camp ( Mildred is his 10 year old daughter). When she seen how "cool" they were, she wanted one too. Very easy to set up and engrave.

donald bugansky
10-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Would you mind sharing the power/speed settings you used?

Thx.

Paul Franklin
10-22-2009, 1:19 AM
Great engraving on those mugs,

But I have to say they are the ugliest coffee mug I have ever seen, does no one do regular shape that can be engraved??

David Arana
10-22-2009, 11:58 AM
On my 25W I use --- 65 speed, 100 power

Bill Cunningham
10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
On those square coffee mugs, do you have to drink from a corner? I always tell folks that buy square shot glasses from me that they should tell their guests to drink from a corner and why. The guys, usual just say nahh I'm not gonna say nothing.:rolleyes: They get a laugh watching folks the first time they take a drink from one. Most would never think of drinking from a corner, but if they don't, the contents will run down their face out of both side of their mouth..:D

Tim Baude
10-23-2009, 6:26 AM
I used 50 sp and 100 pw, which after seeing the previous post may be overkill, but it came out nice. I also used 600dpi, to avoid the lines I sometimes get. From those who have done them, will 300 dpi work? I still need to post a picture of mine.

Dan Hintz
10-23-2009, 6:46 AM
I imagine people like Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler will have no problem with those mugs regardless of orientation. :D

Dee Gallo
10-23-2009, 9:24 AM
On those square coffee mugs, do you have to drink from a corner?:D

But it looks like the inside is round, which would guide the liquid to one center spot on the flat edge... yes?

Jim Coffee
10-23-2009, 10:19 AM
I've used mine and it's actually comfortable to drink from.

Bill Cunningham
10-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I seen some square ones at WallyWorld, and 'they' look like their rounded on the inside.. I just never paid attention to them before. It's nice to know that the drinkers won't be screaming as hot coffee runs down the sides their faces..ha:D And 'Mick' He probably wouldn't notice:eek: