PDA

View Full Version : So the Vendors are watching - Kudos to NYW

Ron Taylor
03-25-2003, 3:31 PM
For having a real live human being answer the phone instead of "If you are calling for ..., please press 1; if you are calling for ..., please press 2; etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum".

And the diplomatic way that their email told me that my credit card had been declined, rejected, bounced, returned nsf, etc.
Rather, they said, "We have been unable to gain authorization for your card at this time...". Nice.

Aw, it was all a mistake anyhow... It is a DEBIT card and I maxed out the daily cap ordering the new 1023Z from Grizzly. NYW will send out the router table plans and vid tomorrow and I can be just like Norm.

Good show NYW.. (no pun intended)

Tom Sweeney
03-25-2003, 7:46 PM
I know the rules have not been officially posted yet but I'm certain that that is a drive by gloat violation

-------------------------------------------------
Aw, it was all a mistake anyhow... It is a DEBIT card and I maxed out the daily cap ordering the new 1023Z from Grizzly. NYW will send out the router table plans and vid tomorrow and I can be just like Norm.
------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to Keith the other day & he said the punishment for a drive by gloat is you have to send the gloated tool to the first person to report it. I'll email you my shipping address for the Griz :D

BTW - :cool:

John Miliunas
03-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey Keith, you listenin'? We really DO have to do something about all these drive by gloats! I mean plans for a router table are one thing, but a complete 1023Z....Well, that's just a bit much. I say Tom get the Grizz and I could surely use the router table plans & video!:D

BTW, good for you, Ron.:cool:

Ron Taylor
03-26-2003, 8:49 AM
<Head hanging in shame>

I'll try to do better...

:p

Keith Outten
03-26-2003, 4:36 PM
To All

John is right the number of members who are not in complience with the "Gloat Rule" is growing. We probably should come up with some sort of penalty that fits the crime although I'm not sure I can endorse Tom's proposal :)

I propose we have Aaron design a custom graphic and award offendors and goofs by posting the graphic in a response to their message. Call it the "Knuckel Head" award untill we can come up with a better name. At the end of the month we will award the Knuckel Head of the month award and it would make sense to have a Knuckel Head of the Year!

What do you think?

Thanks John for bringing this to my attention.

Tom Sweeney
03-26-2003, 5:52 PM
I was going to pay for the shipping :D

Originally posted by Keith Outten
To All

We probably should come up with some sort of penalty that fits the crime although I'm not sure I can endorse Tom's proposal :)

I like the idea but I don't know about the name. My daughter calls me a knucklehead all the time already. :p

John Miliunas
03-26-2003, 6:39 PM
I like the idea but I don't know about the name. My daughter calls me a knucklehead all the time already. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

OK, now I know you're all the way in PA, but is there a chance your daughter knows the LOML?!:D :D :cool:

Also Keith, FWIW, this suggestion originated in response to "Drive by gloats". While I have nothing against "Knuckle Head ", that is equally a term of endearment to certain Harley owners/riders. Maybe more in line with "drive by's", we can have a monthly "Al Capone Award"? Just a suggestion....:D :cool:

Keith Outten
03-26-2003, 8:25 PM
I think we should name our foul up award the "Silver Screw", I don't think this will cause anyone any grief or political problems. This way we can save the "Golden Screw" for the annual award. I think I can find a wood screw graphic we can use.

Maybe Aaron could add a field to the database to track the awards for us and make it available via a web page.

Anyone else care to make a suggestion?

John Miliunas
03-26-2003, 8:59 PM
"Golden Screw". Kinda' has a nice ring to it. It'd sure be something to work towards.....errrrrrr.....I mean to avoid. Yeah. That's what I meant. Avoid. Well, now that I think about it, the "winner" of that particular award would probably be a winner *twice*! Hey, this sounds like fun. We should figure another award out for the person who "nails" most of the stealth gloat offenders, too! :cool:

Tom Sweeney
03-26-2003, 9:43 PM
The golden screwdriver award :p

Till Aaron gets to it

here is Ron's award :D

Jim McFall
03-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Should there be a left hand and right hand award??

Ron Taylor
03-27-2003, 8:52 AM
<snivel and whine mode on>

but..but.. but.. but I DID post the gloat over in POWER TOOLS.

<snivel and whine mode off>

:p

Tom Sweeney
03-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Now we need to come up with an award for the person that busts someone for a driveby gloat - when the gloat was already legitimately posted & The person just wasn't paying attention :confused:

Ok so I guess I get the first knucklehead award or is it the boneheaded busybody award :D

Still, in my defense that gloat should have been prefaced with the following:

"See previous gloat in power tools forum" to avoid these misunderstandings in the future :p ;)

Howard Barlow
03-28-2003, 6:43 PM
All such tools MUST be submitted to the Tool Approval Clearing House, aka my shop, before delivery is actually taken. After approval is granted, the tools will be shipped on to the buyer... after approval, yeah, that's it, that's the ticket. Until then, NO gloats.

Paul Kunkel
03-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Call it the "Knuckel Head" award untill we can come up with a better name. At the end of the month we will award the Knuckel Head of the month award and it would make sense to have a Knuckel Head of the Year!

What do you think?

:confused: :D