PDA

View Full Version : Photo Offerings (and help request)

Shawn Battagler
09-23-2004, 3:48 PM
Follow this link (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=100599#post100599) to photos at the support forum. I also need help with the way I am posting pics. There must be another way. It shows the image file location at the top of the posts. I tried following Becker's instructions, but I don't get the "All Done" option. Is this a problem with Mozilla maybe?

Chris Padilla
09-23-2004, 4:29 PM
Look like you got it licked, Shawn. Now post those nice bed pics over here! :)

Shawn Battagler
09-23-2004, 4:43 PM
Ok. Here goes. This is the first dry fit of the bed I'm making for my daughter. There is a closeup in the link of the "design element" added to compensate for the lack of measure twice, cut once. Anyone else know the sick feeling of cutting an expensive board 5/8" too short. Anyway, I'm glad it happened. I've never followed a plan in my life. Why start now.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10753&stc=1

Dick Parr
09-23-2004, 6:11 PM
Nice looking bed Shawn!

Brian Hale
09-23-2004, 6:54 PM
Thats a Really Nice looking bed Shawn!!

As for the sick feeling....... Nope, I've never cut a board too short or too long...... Or cut the bisket slots on the wrong side..... or glued a panel up with one board up side down.... Or planed a board too thin... or slammed a board into a finished piece.... or sanded thru the veneer.... or drove a screw thru the finished panel......

well maybe once :rolleyes:

Or twice.........

Nice work!
Brian :D

Jim Fancher
09-23-2004, 7:20 PM
I think your "fix" gave the posts some visual interest. A happy screw up. :)

Your daughter is going to love the bed. I certainly do.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-23-2004, 7:39 PM
Nice work Shawn! Nice learning experience too! Great recovery!

Jim Becker
09-23-2004, 9:08 PM
LOL! Don't worry about that "fix", Shawn. It's not unlike the one I had to affect on my TV stand earlier this year when I cut some beveled dadoes about 1/4" too wide by not paying attention to what (and where) I was measuring.

That's a super bed, too. Wonderful design.

Keith Christopher
09-23-2004, 9:10 PM
The real skill in wood working usually crops up when you say "Oh crap, I -insert problem here-<INSERT here problem>" and making it work. I love the fix it's an unique detail and your daughter is in luck ! Awesome job, can't wait to see it completed. nice job on the lambs tongue BTW !

AWESOME WORK !

Kelly C. Hanna
09-24-2004, 8:59 AM
Hiding mistakes is an art & I see you have done well...beautiful work. I look forward to the day when I can start making furniture for our house like the rest of you guys...it sure looks like fun.