PDA

View Full Version : Found - Ridgid 2610 (Metabo) 6" Random Orbital Sander

Will Paul
10-17-2009, 11:17 PM
So I head to a Home Depot last night that I don't usually go to. (Out to dinner and remembered something for the house). Anyway, decided to walk the tool aisle (it will only be a minute honey) and found myself checking out random orbitals (been wanting one). I notice that the Ridgid 6" says "Made in Germany". I thought HD replaced this with a made in China clone. Turns out that somebody ripped off the bar codes off the Germany models (2610) and stuck bar code stickers for the new China model(2611) on them.

So I am now the proud owner of a Metabo (Ridgid) Sander! :D

I love it so far but the main reason I am sharing is they have 4 more. $129 seems like a great price for a German made sander!

Anyway, been a lurker until now but decided to register in case someone else here wants to get in on it.

Will

Joe Spear
10-18-2009, 10:39 AM
I've had the actual Metabo-branded version for years. It's an excellent sander, and you got a good deal. I picked up a reconditioned 6" Festool Rotex at one point but sold it because I liked the Metabo better.

Dave Sweeney
10-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Where are you located?

Will Paul
10-18-2009, 1:11 PM
Beautiful Modesto, CA. How about you?

Dave Sweeney
10-18-2009, 2:44 PM
I have listed my location, it's WI. The reason I asked was that you said you wanted to share the fact that there were 4 sanders left for anyone interested in buying one. However, you didn't say where that HD was located.

Will Paul
10-18-2009, 9:27 PM
Good point. It was the Home Depot in Turlock, a little south of here.