PDA

View Full Version : hope someone could help

fred sanchez
10-17-2009, 10:32 PM
has anyone ever come across this problem?

on corel x3 everytime i try to choose a font i get an "microsoft Visual c++ runtime library " runtime error. then corel shuts down

please help :confused:

Dan Hintz
10-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Do you have the latest service packs and updates? The MS RTL has to be matched up fairly well with the programs running it... it's a bit choosy. I also suggest running a repair on X3... your registry may have been ****ed.

fred sanchez
10-17-2009, 11:12 PM
i do have everything udated so ill try the repair see if that works thanks dan

fred sanchez
10-17-2009, 11:16 PM
nope repair didnt work

last time this happend i had to reformat my computer errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

man that was a nightmare

John Noell
10-18-2009, 2:06 AM
Before you go as far as reformatting the drive and re-installing Windows, assuming you are running WinXP, try a restore point. (Start->All Programs->Accesories_>System Tools->System Restore.) Choose "Restore my computer to an earlier time", pick a date before the troubles began, and let it go! This puts a previous (hopefully good) copy of your registry files in place so if it is a registry issue this may help. It's also pretty darn safe with one CAVEAT: Files on your desktop are not 100% safe - but they wil be if you stick them int he My Documents folder before doing the system restore.

Mike Null
10-18-2009, 8:01 AM
Fred

Before you decide to reformat your PC why not post this on a Corel forum or check with the Corel support staff. I know of one other instance where this happened but unfortunately don't know the solution.

William Jenkins
10-18-2009, 9:39 AM
Have you added any programs that use a lot of RAM? It is possible that your computer may be running out of memory. I have run into times where Corel doesn't release memory and has a cumulative effect.

fred sanchez
10-18-2009, 3:51 PM
well i did a restore and nothing still the same problem everytime i try and choose a font poof i get the error. everything eles works fine i guess ill try corel a corel fourm.
thanks guys

John Lewandowski
10-18-2009, 5:51 PM
Have you tried to reinstall the Microsoft C++ runtime? These are free downloads. You will find different versions and it does not hurt to have 2005, 2009 etc. versions. Just search for Microsoft C++ Runtime Redistributable and you should find them easily. If this doesn't work you may have to try downloading the most recent Microsoft installer for your OS version and try the redistributable again.

Hope it works out.

George Brown
10-18-2009, 8:13 PM
has anyone ever come across this problem?

on corel x3 everytime i try to choose a font i get an "microsoft Visual c++ runtime library " runtime error. then corel shuts down

please help :confused:
My guess would be that one of your font files is damaged and when corel looks at the fonts, it crashes. Try opening your font files in say, word, and see what happens. Also, I would try to get rid of all the fonts in your font folder, except the system fonts of course, and see if it fixes the problem.
(Make a backup copy of your fonts before you delete them!!)