PDA

View Full Version : Candle stick (holders?)

Mike Minto
10-17-2009, 1:31 PM
I never really know what to call these things - candlesticks? They are certainly not candles; candle holders? Anyway, they are for XMAS use, so the colors. The red is cherry, two boards glued together; the green, maple, from a branch I had laying around. Usually don't like painting things, but it worked here, I guess. Beer bottle for scale; they look more alike than the photo shows. Critiques / comments always welcome. Mike

Joe Meirhaeghe
10-17-2009, 3:55 PM
Nothing wrong with a little extra color here and there:)
Looks like a good match for the upcoming hoildays.

Nick Hoffman
10-17-2009, 4:21 PM
What are they made of? I know of one story where a house was burned to the ground from using wooden candle stick holders.

Bernie Weishapl
10-17-2009, 5:00 PM
Great looking candle holders. Holidays coming on and they will look nice.

Paul Atkins
10-18-2009, 4:06 AM
One of the first pair of 'candlesticks' I made I painted with Corvette red lacquer. They came out so slick everyone thought they were plastic. I still have them after 25 years and I love them. I also burnt another pair down to the socket and almost had a fire. Then I found the metal rings for the tops. Not just for decoration! I sold dozens of sets and gave more for presents. Keep up the good work.

Steve Schlumpf
10-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Nice matched set Mike! We call them 'candleholders' here and I made a bunch of them when first starting out turning. Sold most but still use the kept ones all the time.

These should be a big hit!

Wayne Kuhn
10-18-2009, 11:51 AM
They are holders to hold candlesticks,thus candlestick holders.