PDA

View Full Version : Need some input

Ron Nametko
10-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some ideas. I'm making a wooden alder picture frame for a friend who has an old car. He's looking for me to put year and make on the frame and then engrave a picture of the car and put that in the frame. Any ideas on what substrate would look the best for laser engraving a photo on that can be placed inside the frame.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help again

Ron:D

Dan Hintz
10-17-2009, 10:53 AM
If it's a car with a lot of chrome, Cermark on stainless would look nice. If it's an old Woody, well, that's an easy one to figure out.

Rodne Gold
10-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Here's some of the framed lasered stuff we do , maybe you can get some ideas from em

Ron Nametko
10-18-2009, 9:56 PM
I havent had the chance to engrave any pictures on plastics like romark. Are there certain color combos that work better than others.

Thanks for the pictures!
Ron

Garrett Nors
10-22-2009, 1:58 PM
I havent had the chance to engrave any pictures on plastics like romark. Are there certain color combos that work better than others.

Thanks for the pictures!
Ron

Hey Ron,

We have used LaserMAX as well as FlexiBrass by Rowmark in the past with excellent results. LaserMAX is kind of hard to fit in the frame (thickness) but Flexibrass fits in well. Both engrave pictures excellently.

I'll try to get a few pictures if you still need them.

Martin Boekers
10-22-2009, 3:46 PM
You might check this out.

http://bandjcompany.com/index.php?main_page=document_product_info&cPath=7_35_8&products_id=5

You can get mirror acrylic then engrave and cut in the shape of
a license plate. You can go crazy with color fills if you like.

If it's an older car it might be neat on a piece of wood formed as a plate also.

Ought to look nice framed.

Sounds like a fun project.

Marty

Kanaka Tech
10-25-2009, 1:23 PM
I don't know how this would look, just had an idea. You could get mirrored acrylic and engrave the car and have the laser cut the car out. Then affix to some background picture of a town or country road from the same era the car is from. (perhaps print the picture black and white, or sepia even). Or even engrave the background on a different color of mirrored acrylic (maybe gold) and cut out the same car outline, so that the regular mirrored acrylic car puzzle fits into the gold mirrored acrylic background.

Aloha,

James