PDA

View Full Version : Flag Preservation

Mark Bolton
10-16-2009, 7:33 PM
Hello to the group,
I am wondering if anyone has any information or links to information with regards to cases/frames for flag preservation. I have been doing a lot of reading and searching with regards to the subject for a project we have been asked to do.

We have been asked to build a display frame for a Japanese flag which is thought to be one of the last captured. This is a silk flag which has some deterioration from storage. I am specifically trying to find information with regards to mounting within the case/frame and of course materials which will be in contact with the flag itself.

We, and the current owner of the flag, would like to preserve the flag in its current condition without creating any future issues.

Hope all is well with everyone, I guess we shouldn't complain but our work has kept us so busy I have barely had a chance to keep up with email much less stay abreast with the creek. Hoping the wealth of knowledge here can head us in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mark

Scott Hildenbrand
10-16-2009, 8:11 PM
Be very mindful of any acid content of the materials you use to build it and make sure to use glass with a UV protective film.

http://www.nationalflaggen.com/fotw/flags/xf-pres.html