PDA

View Full Version : 34-183 Delta Tenoning jig on a Ryobi BT3000

Yitah Wu
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I recently ended up with a Delta tenoning jig like this one:

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/b4/63/b3/31752765-300x300-0-0_Delta_Delta_34_183_Tenoning_Jig.jpg

The price was right (Free) but I have a Ryobi BT3000 which means I'm going to have to make an adapter.

Anyone out there done this? I'm thinking of simply a set of hardwood rails which would space it out to the correct distance from the blade....

Chris Tsutsui
10-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Are you sure you need to make an adapter? I have that delta tenoning jig and to get it to work with my Bosch Jobsite, I had to move the rail at the bottom.

If you DL the manual, it shows the adjustment capabilities of the jig.

Rick Potter
10-16-2009, 1:15 PM
You could adapt it to the slider, but be aware that there is an accessory for the Ryobi to accept standard miter guages. It is about 5" wide, and has two slots that fit a delta miter guage.

Check on the BT3 website, maybe someone has an extra.

Rick Potter

mickey cassiba
10-16-2009, 4:10 PM
Not trying to hijack the post, but I bought one of these when I worked at Delta...seemed like a good idea at the time. Is it a useful tool? I bought a lot of stuff that I'll probably never use, but I do want to try some furniture.
I have some mortising equipment along with a benchtop mortiser rescued from the scrap pile. I also have a good contractor style table saw. Should I keep or sell?

glenn bradley
10-16-2009, 5:47 PM
Should I keep or sell?

I have the Rockler version and the bar has multiple positions. I use mine often enough to earn a spot on the shelf. Quite sturdy and I like it much more than the shop made do-jobbers; and I don't usually prefer commercial items to shop made.

I swapped out the poorly designed stop screw and learned to ignore the supplied scale and use setup bars instead. I also put a bit of rubber (shelf liner) on the pad that presses against the material to hold it still. Take some time to get to know the jig and I think you will like it. If you don't use it, then sell it down the highway ;-)

glenn bradley
10-17-2009, 2:16 PM
Just thought I'd add; I don't use it often but just reached for it today. I'm making a couple small wall cabinets that will have the tops and bottoms held on with sliding dovetails. These pics are of some scrap milled to my final materials thickness. A couple runs to get the settings and then away you go.

Bit height doesn't change and the jig makes it easy to sneak up on the final cut. Once set, nothing changes except the pieces of your project.

I offset the pieces a bit to get a shadow to make it easier to see.

This is one of the reasons I put my RT miter slot the same distance from the cutter as my TS; jigs interchange easily.