PDA

View Full Version : started playing, need help

curtis rosche
10-16-2009, 9:58 AM
i started messin around with the cnc machine and the program on the computer.
i have no clue how to do anything.
here is the program on the computer :

Virtual Reality CNC Milling
copyright : Denford Ltd (1999)
Version: 2.31.3.951

anybody know how to use this program and able to help me with a walk through?

James Leonard
10-16-2009, 1:38 PM
i started messin around with the cnc machine and the program on the computer.
i have no clue how to do anything.
here is the program on the computer :

Virtual Reality CNC Milling
copyright : Denford Ltd (1999)
Version: 2.31.3.951

anybody know how to use this program and able to help me with a walk through?

Denford has a forum here:

http://www.denfordata.com/bb/

Bob Savage
10-16-2009, 4:07 PM
That's quite a request! Does the software/hardware have no documentation?

curtis rosche
10-16-2009, 5:58 PM
i have no papers to anything other that going to the help tab in the program and trying to use that.

curtis rosche
10-19-2009, 10:19 AM
i kinda figured out how to use the program for drawing up an image or part. but i cant figure out how to open that into the CNC operating program. it says it is the wrong file type, but when i save it in the other program there is only one option for the type of file to save it as. does anyone still use either of the programs i mentioned?

Joey Jarrard
10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
What file type is it saving as

Sorry Curtis

curtis rosche
10-21-2009, 5:18 PM
no rush, its at school and its just something im playing with for now.
i will check that either tommorow or friday if i get a chance.

James Leonard
10-21-2009, 6:45 PM
HI Curtis,

By going through the Denford forum I mentioned above I found a complete software CD download and a software manual.

VR Milling 2.31 CD download - all software and docs apparently
http://www.denford.ltd.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=51

VR Milling 2 Software Manual can be downloaded here:
http://www.denford.ltd.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=65&Itemid=52

curtis rosche
10-22-2009, 8:18 AM
i am not able to download anything at school.

Bob Savage
10-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Off-topic but I've got to say, it's nice to see a young man interested in manufacturing.

James Leonard
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
No chance you could download the manual at home and print a copy to take with you? The software download will also fit on a CD.

-James

curtis rosche
10-22-2009, 1:44 PM
i can print the manual. but the school computers are set up so that you cant download anything, they dont want someone accidentally downloading a virus or anything

Bob Savage
10-22-2009, 2:08 PM
i can print the manual. but the school computers are set up so that you cant download anything, they dont want someone accidentally downloading a virus or anything

Curtis,

As James mentioned, burn the manual onto a CD at home and bring it to school to print. That is, unless they have no CD drives or have them locked down too.

Derek Gilmer
10-22-2009, 2:31 PM
Curtis,

As James mentioned, burn the manual onto a CD at home and bring it to school to print. That is, unless they have no CD drives or have them locked down too.
If you have (or get) a gmail account you also have a google documents account. You can upload pdfs, word docs of various types and spreadsheets pretty easily. From there you can view or print them at school.

curtis rosche
10-22-2009, 5:05 PM
yeah, i can do that

James Leonard
10-22-2009, 5:52 PM
Hi again,

Since the original software CD had docs as well it seems likely your school has lost this. So, besides being the only guy with a manual for this machine you could also make a gift of the CD to the teacher so he could set up another computer in the future...

Having the teacher think you are extra smart with computers probably wouldn't hurt.

-James