PDA

View Full Version : Koshka the 'lucky' cat, part deaux

Rick Potter
10-16-2009, 3:02 AM
Welcome to the further adventures of Koshka (just call me Lucky) the cat.

When we last left Koshka (see thread 'deja vu all over again), he had been born, orphaned, broke his tail, lost two brothers, got neutered, and declawed in front, broke his right front leg, got the cast off, broke his left hind leg, was told it would be amputated, purred his way out of that with the vet, got pinned and screwed instead, and finally came home. All in about 3-4 months.

Well, his left rear leg has been in a cast for weeks now, and he has started up on his tricks again. He had been actually running up the stairs with the leg sticking straight out going thump, thump. When he hit the vinyl tile in the hall, he could not stand up on it because it kept slipping out from under him.

We were all so proud of our brave little eunoch, till somehow a week ago he managed to hurt the right hind leg, and refused to move it. Back to the vet, who says nothing is broken, and she cannot figure out what is wrong with him. Soooo, for the last week he crawls accross the carpet pulling himself with his little claw free feet, till he gets to the vinyl where he slips and slides again, gaining no traction.

Now is where I direct your attention to simple things like, oh, for example, the cat box. He can't get in it, even if he could get to it. He just basically lies in the same spot all day, purring whenever anyone walks by (no complainer here). This means my daughter picks him up and holds him over the cat box to do his business. He actually waited almost 24 hours for her once, with no mistakes.

Now after a week of not moving, exept to crawl a few feet, we actually saw him get up and take a few steps today, using his recently healed front leg, his still in a cast rear leg, and his damaged other rear leg (insert Hallelujah Chorus here).

One good thing...we have a very nice FEMALE vet, who is trading a lot of her fee to my daughter for a lifetime supply of product from the daughters 'Bath Junkie' store (second verse of chorus sung here).

Is the saga over?
Stay tuned. Did I mention the screws are loose?

Rick Potter
Still a dog person.

Edit: Just realized it is after midnite. Wish me a happy birthday. 67 years old, but I could pass for 66.

Rod Sheridan
10-16-2009, 8:32 AM
Rick, happy birthday!

Thanks for the update on your cat, I am a cat person and really enjoyed reading your post.....Regards, Rod.

Russ Filtz
10-16-2009, 9:12 AM
Sounds tough. I would try to get him in the litter box on a regular basis. Males tend to get urinary tract/kidney infections easier. I'm sure holding it in for long periods is not good.

Rob Young
10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
When you say "the screws are loose", yours or the cat's?

:)

Jim O'Dell
10-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Part Deux???? More like Douze (12)!!!! I'd say that is one resilient cat!!! Now how many lives does it have left???? :D Jim.

Sam Layton
10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Rick,

Happy birthday, you don't look a day overrrrr +++. I did not realize I was hanging out with someone that old...

I can answer Rob's question regarding, "the screws are loose".

Tough little cat.

Your friend, Sam