PDA

View Full Version : need help with text path

Cindy Rhoades
10-15-2009, 7:05 PM
I am trying to make a black marble plque of a patch for a client but I cannot get the two side text to go the same direction as on the original. If any one can tell me jow to make it go the proper direction I would appreciate it. I have attached a pic of the patch and what I have so far in pdf format

Gary Hair
10-15-2009, 7:11 PM
Cindy,
You need to use the "fit text to path" tool and align it approximately where you want it to be. Then use the invert tool to get it oriented correctly. It's much easier to show how to do this than to tell how. Play with the "fit text" tool to see what it does.

Gary

Debbie Gillett
10-15-2009, 7:12 PM
Cindy what I usually do is make two circles that are exact. I use one circle for the top words and then a second circle for the bottom words. In corel x3 you can choose (on the tool bar) to be able to flip and or mirror the wording. It is located by the mirror text option. I hope this helps
Debbie

I am trying to make a black marble plque of a patch for a client but I cannot get the two side text to go the same direction as on the original. If any one can tell me jow to make it go the proper direction I would appreciate it. I have attached a pic of the patch and what I have so far in pdf format

Juliana Costa
10-15-2009, 7:55 PM
Theres a few ways to get it done, i did like Debbie suggested, anyways here is the file!

Cindy Rhoades
10-15-2009, 8:12 PM
Thank you all for the help I think I finally got it and it looks like the file Juliana sent back to me. I was just trying to once again make it harder than what it really is. I knew I could count on you at SMC to set me straight. Once again thank you for your help.

Martin Boekers
10-15-2009, 8:20 PM
When you have your circle drawn for the bottom text, select the type, under text dropdown select fit to path. Use the big arrow curser to select path.

now click off the circle, then click back on the circle.

On the menu bar you should see a series of options.

Take the preset dropdown and choose #7 this will flip the type.

now you can select the the red spot at the beginning of the type and pull it around to position.

There are many choices on the menu bar that goes with fit to path explore them.

One thing you have to remember is after text is fitted to path is to click off it and then back on it as this brings up the nenu bar options.

This is in Corel 11 should be similar in other versions.

Marty