PDA

View Full Version : need idea on pen/pencil holder

Larry Crim
09-22-2004, 9:59 PM
Hello all
I need some ideas on a pen/pencil holder for the LOML she wants something to place on her desk to hold all the pencils ect, she even went to the wood store and picked out a nice piece of canary wood for it, if you have some pics of some you have built to give me some ideas I would appriciate it
Thanks
larry

Dennis Peacock
09-23-2004, 1:33 AM
Hello all
I need some ideas on a pen/pencil holder for the LOML she wants something to place on her desk to hold all the pencils ect, she even went to the wood store and picked out a nice piece of canary wood for it, if you have some pics of some you have built to give me some ideas I would appriciate it
Thanks
larry

Larry,

Get you a 3/8" Corebox bit for your router and set it up in a router table and set the bit depth to 1/2 the thickness of the pen/pencil and route a "groove" where you want the pen/pencil to rest. Round over the edges to keeps delicate hands safe from sharp corners and angle the bottom of it to about 10 degrees so the top of the holder will be angled enough to look nice and show off the pen/pencil set. Add a slot for business cards or Sticky pad and such. Let you imagination run wild and imagine something you would want sitting on your desk. ;)

Larry Crim
09-23-2004, 5:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but what I am looking for is more in the area of holding more than one pen or pencil she wants something more in the area of keeping the clutter of the desk and hold all her pens and such she is using a old mcdonalds plastic cup right now. And she wanted something nicer. Can't blame her I get tired of looking a ronald also.
Thanks'
Larry