PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic observation

Doug Griffith
10-15-2009, 1:29 AM
I question whether moving threads to "Off Topic" does anybody any good. They seem to go dead once they get there. My suggestion is to mirror the active thread to "Off Topic" for others, but leave it where it originated and let it run it's course.

I only make this statement after poking around "Off Topic" and seeing some good threads that were once going strong until "the move".

Mike Null
10-15-2009, 8:14 AM
Doug

We are trying to maintain a focus with each forum, hence the reason we have an off topic forum.

It may seem ironic that I moved your post here but that's where it belongs.

We get similar suggestions relative to classifieds but the rules are the same except that to post in the classified forum you must be a contributor.

SMC does not permit duplicate posts.

Doug Griffith
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Too funny!

I understand keeping forums "pure". I guess people would abuse the system and then where would you draw the line.

My thought was to mirror the threads, not duplicate them. I doubt this feature is built into vBulletin.

Cheers

Glenn Clabo
10-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Actually Doug...when we move a post from one thread to another...we leave something like this at the original forum. if your interested...just click it...and it takes you to the post on the new forum.
Moved: Off Topic observation (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=122484)