PDA

View Full Version : Router Table

Gerry Lopez
10-14-2009, 8:35 PM
This is my "first" real project. I want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences and knowledge. This forum has helped me so much and will in the future.

G.L.

Bill Arnold
10-14-2009, 8:37 PM
Great start to a project that I'm sure you'll use a lot!

Bill Huber
10-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Looking good and that is a good project to start with.
I have found that I use the router table almost as much as my table saw.

The main thing is to have fun doing it.

Ben Martin
10-15-2009, 8:29 AM
Great looking table!

Did you use pre-laminated MDF or did you do that yourself? I have been doing it myself lately and it can be a bit tedious, MDF sucks the glue up very quickly.

Tony Bilello
10-15-2009, 8:58 AM
Gerry

Now is the time to start a photo album on you profile. These photos are a great start. Later on when people post questions about router tables you can answer their questions easier with less text and a link to your album.
BTW, great job.

Jerome Hanby
10-15-2009, 9:00 AM
Your lumber cart sure looks familiar. :D Good job in the router table, bet you get some good use out of it.

Geoffrey Smith
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I love the design.

Are you working from a plan, or something you through up yourself? What kind of materials are you using?

Gerry Lopez
10-16-2009, 9:18 AM
Thanks for all your comments.

I modified the plans from FWW, made it bigger and did not use the open base. Will be adding drawers, shelving and DC in the future.

Used 2 pieces 3/4 mdf with formica lamination. Yes, mdf soaks glue. For the lamination I used 3M spray contact glue.

Most of the construction is birch ply. Did use some lower grade ply for the cabinet box. Should have stuck to birch ply, the cheaper stuff was bowed, harder to work with.

Will update pics as I continue on this project.

Thanks again,

G.L.

Geoffrey Smith
10-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Awesome, thank you for the info, and good luck on the project!

Myk Rian
10-16-2009, 1:30 PM
Nice RT.
The best part is saying "I made it". :)