PDA

View Full Version : Freud Thin Kerf SCMS Blade

Chris Tsutsui
10-14-2009, 5:54 PM
Thanks to some posts I read a while ago, I just got a Freud LU91R010 10'' x 60T Thin Kerf Sliding Compound Miter Saw Blade.

My local rockler has a buy one item get one half off, so I opted to get the miter saw blade for half off because I was already getting the glue line rip blade.

Anyways I used it on a Hitach C10FSH to miter cut some frames and make some small box panels crosscutting walnut and hard maple.

In the past I've only had the stock Hitachi blade on there, and then I put on an Irwin marathon blade which showed way too much teeth patterns on the cut area..

The Freud blade cut and had very little resistance. The finished cut line looked polished and you could hardly see any teeth lines at all. Tear out was reduced a very considerable amount as well. The blade was also very quiet. The other blades I have give off a loud ringing noise, but the Freud blade performs sonically equivalent to cardboard. A majority of the noise from the saw becomes the motor and it doesn't get very loud when the blade starts to contact the wood.

So I never knew that the blades made that much of a difference so I guess my next plunge will be one of those Forrest WWII blades for a table saw. From what I heard I will be getting the full kerf model. I talked to the sales rep at Rockler and he recommends full kerf instead of thin kerf. Thin Kerf is good for underpowered saws, but a full kerf has thicker sheet metal, less vibration, and better overall. I just hope it goes on sale on Amazon again.