PDA

View Full Version : Resolved: Problem with Your Notifications...

John Thompson
10-14-2009, 1:47 PM
When I log in I have 1 showing in my Your notification box to the right under your log in name.. you last visited.. etc. Normally when you go have a look the number of notifications of private mail will dis-appear. It does not. I have cleared both my In-box and Out-box of saved messages and both show 0.

But.. the notification of 1 remains. Not a big deal but I have to go check each time I log in to see if it is live or the current mis-cue. If a moderator or someone in authority could remove the 1 an return the feature that will automatically take it down when you view private messages I would greatly appreciate it.

Again no big deal as I can live with it but.. it is a bit annoying even though it takes much more to get my shorts in a wad. :D

Thanks in advance...

Steve Schlumpf
10-14-2009, 4:06 PM
John - any possibility that the notice is for a Visitor Message and not for a PM? Just curious as you will get the same notification for Visitors as well as for any comments added to your photo gallery. Let me know and if the problem remains - I will bring it to Aaron's attention.

John Thompson
10-14-2009, 4:40 PM
John - any possibility that the notice is for a Visitor Message and not for a PM? Just curious as you will get the same notification for Visitors as well as for any comments added to your photo gallery. Let me know and if the problem remains - I will bring it to Aaron's attention.

Steve.. don't pay any attention to your wife if she doesn't declare you a brillant man. And do pay attention to anyone who tells you I must be the most computer illiterate man currently on earth.:D

Visitor message as you mentioned as the box was clicked on in lieu of the private message when the message got to me. Not too many visitors so I claim ignorance of what happens even though ignorance is no excuse in the sight of the law. :o

Regards from Mr. daaaahh....

Steve Schlumpf
10-14-2009, 5:15 PM
John - the only reason I could make the suggestion I did was because I went through the same thing! Now - when I see a number in the window - I read what it is for. Just one of those - been there, done that kind of things! Good news is you will be able to sleep tonight instead of worrying about this!