PDA

View Full Version : Dupont Multi-Use Teflon spray for TS top?

Sarit Sotangkur
10-14-2009, 8:37 AM
I got this Dupont Multi-Use Teflon Dry lubricant spray (http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_US/products/dryfilm.html) from Lowe's for $5. I know many of you use paste wax or BoeShield, but considering how inexpensive and easy to use this is, I wonder if anyone has tried it for the cast iron tops? It says that is silicone free and won't harm wood finishes.

Bill Huber
10-14-2009, 9:23 AM
I really don't know the answer but Johnson wax is cheap, I have a can that I bought 3 years ago and its still about half full and it was $8. I use it on the TS, BS, Router table and my belt sander and I use it a lot.

There is 2 things it does, makes them slick and protects them from water. I am sure that the spray would make it slick but just don't know about the water.

Let us know how it works out.

george wilson
10-14-2009, 9:30 AM
I'd rather not get teflon on my wood. It could really make finishing a big problem.

Dave Lehnert
10-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I use the Dupont spray all the time on my equipment but never on the top. Not saying it would never work, I have no idea. I have always used past wax.

Lowe's around here discontinued the Dupont spray.

David G Baker
10-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I have used Dupont Teflon spray and found it to be great on items that it is made for but I would not use it on the surface of wood working equipment and make sure that you don't spray in on something that is already lubricated with oil or grease, it can harden the other lube. DAMHIK
Johnson's paste wax is a much safer bet.
The Teflon spray has worked well for me when using it as a mold release but again paste wax may be better there as well.