PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly GO690 Table Saw Question

Jeff Miller
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
For those of you that have this saw what is the right hand table extension made from and would it be possible to put a router plate in that extension,would it be heavy enough for that?

And also how do you like the saw? Is it smooth and vibration free and how is the fit and finish?

Any other comments on the saw would be appreciated.

JEFF:D

Jeff Miller
10-14-2009, 6:08 PM
Doesn't anybody have one of these?

I'm trying to decide weather to get the 690 or the 1023......................HELP me PLEASE:eek::D

JEFF:cool:

Stan Mitchell
10-14-2009, 7:36 PM
Jeff, the extension is made of what looks like 3/4" particle board with a black plastic laminate covering.

You could hang a router, but I would replace the existing extension with something a little heavier - say 1.5" of MDF with lamitnate.

Also, you'll have to take into consideration that you've got a hand wheel on the right side of the cabinet.

I have the G0691 and like it just fine - yes, smooth and vibration free.

Having a saw with a riving knife is especially nice.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=128572&d=1253836455

Matt Stiegler
10-14-2009, 8:21 PM
i agree that the stock extension (the outer extension, not the cast iron wing) would not be strong enough to support a router without reinforcement.

Jeff Miller
10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone,pulled the trigger on the 690 today............................now the wait,I hate waiting:D

JEFF:cool:

Charlie McGuire
10-16-2009, 3:05 PM
Jeff,

I bought a 691 and a 490x jointer at the same time early this summer. I've been happy with both. The material on the left side of the saw fence was cut goofy and wasn't flat, but Grizzly sent a new piece right away and I had it within 2-3 days.

The only assembly issue I had was installing the tilt handwheel on the saw. The key slot on the shaft was a little undersize and burry so the key wouldn't fit. I had to spend 5 minutes with a file to get the key installed.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Charlie