PDA

View Full Version : hitachi c8fse miter saw

jim sauterer
10-13-2009, 8:18 PM
received an email from tyler tool for 40% off c8fse hitachi mitersaw.203.00 dollars.my question does anyone have any experience with this saw and what are your thoughts good and bad.thanks

Bill Huber
10-13-2009, 8:48 PM
I don't have the 8 1/8 but I have the 10 inch and it does great, no problems in 6 or 7 years.

But are you sure you want one that small, I some times wish I have a 12 inch and not the 10,

David DeCristoforo
10-13-2009, 9:34 PM
One of the best ever made. Actually, the CF8 was the very first of the genre. The small blade is not nearly as much of an issue as you might think and the deflection on the 8" blade is much less than you will get with the larger saws. It took me 12 years of hard use to completely wear one out and even though I had long since put a big OMGA miter saw in my shop, I still replaced the CF8. I use it a lot and still think it is one of the best miter saws available.

roman fedyk
10-13-2009, 9:47 PM
I have the Hitachi with an 8.5 inch Forrest Chopmaster blade. I have a 10 inch saw too, but use the Hitachi all the time. Very nice saw.

Todd Pretty
10-13-2009, 10:42 PM
I just bought a new version of one of the slightly older models of the C8, it is an excellent saw, mush more solidly built. Less deflection then any of my other 10" or 12". and it's half the weight of the bigger saws and far more compact which was a huge plus for me. I chose not to go with the C8fse, due to the thinner rails that it slides on, which results in more deflection at max extension, and the plastic saw kerf inserts in the base are mounted about 1/16" below the level of the rest of the table, when cutting thinner stock, I noticed a very slight flex in the material as it was pushed into this depression, which messes with bevels. Of course this could be shimmed, but why?

The C8 is about 10 pounds heavier then the C8fse, and for me, it showed in the quality of the saw.

phil harold
10-14-2009, 8:48 AM
I bought mine for $600 15 years ago
still use it daily

GERALD HARGROVE
10-14-2009, 9:34 AM
I have the 12 inch with digital readout and laser, and would not trade it for anything.